Lower fork bushing!

For the price my local suspension place charges - I'd simply have the whole lot refurbished - And maybe drop in some Cartridge Emulators.

In Texas labor 160$US per side, plus oil and parts...30$ in oil, 65$ seals, 75$ springs. I had the local dealer perform that service. Few scratches on the tubes. Much better handing.

In Texas labor 160$US per side, plus oil and parts...30$ in oil, 65$ seals, 75$ springs. I had the local dealer perform that service. Few scratches on the tubes. Much better handing.
Fitting my Maxton kit plus complete overhaul - including seals and oil was iirc €100 - all in (I was there about 3 hours too) . They also polished the chrome tube parts. Cleaned before and after in solvent vapour. They do offer a full ride-in:ride-out service - but I took the forks out and took them over in the car. And amazingly when Maxton changed the airgap spec's they did the change for free. I am - I freely admit lucky having Damian that close.

Fitting my Maxton kit plus complete overhaul - including seals and oil was iirc €100 - all in (I was there about 3 hours too) . They also polished the chrome tube parts. Cleaned before and after in solvent vapour. They do offer a full ride-in:ride-out service - but I took the forks out and took them over in the car. And amazingly when Maxton changed the airgap spec's they did the change for free. I am - I freely admit lucky having Damian that close.

Yeah that is a good deal. I was going to remove the tubes and take them but I'v never seen it done and I know Rick at the shop did it correctly, specially the re-assembly.

Back