Lower Deflectors

av8r4fun

.040 Over
Last night, I installed the triumph LD's (THX IFLYU). Took about 30 minutes. Let me preface by stating I was riding all afternoon, b4 install. After install, I took my Red R3 on I-380, cranked her up to 100 (as we all no, they don't like below that speed especially RED) and WOW no buffeting, smooth as could be...... Worth every dollar!!!!

I will submit pix in about 10 days, sitting in an airport...

Next purchase, Rivco handlebar risers. Later.

:) I have the big Clearview with the Triumph lowers...great combo...and as stated above it's easy to ride with your shield up...no buffeting...great investment

Lower Deflector - how do they do that

All the revelry about lower deflectors, calming the buffetting and stilling the air over the wind screen, has me convinced I've got to go there.

So much good "stuff" here on the .net!!!

When I bought my R3 last year the first thing I put on was the deflectors (other than the payment book). They do work, all the way to 150,which is better than 100 and cost way more if you get caught.:D

Note: The R3 gets to 100 really quick. From 100 to 150 takes some time and plenty of real estate and I guess, the right tune.

Just to throw my 2 cents in...the lowers are the real deal...awesome! I use the flyscreen only in the summer time though.

3tic,

With the lowers I pick up a little more exhaust smell but the benefits of the lowers out weight the issues.

Benny's: No buffeting, able to ride with shield up or just sunglasses, warmer in cooler weather. Less wind on legs and hands too.

Issues: Bit warmer in hot weather.

I was going to give up on riding if i couldn't eliminate the buffeting cuz it disoriented me on long rides.

You won't be disappointed, trust me!!:)

As far a Wilbur's comment concerning Honey Bear heat issues: Honey Bear is a BIG DUDE. The larger the mass the longer and more difficult it is to bring down your internal temperature. Just a thought.

Last edited:
It's the difference between a blast furnace and a convective oven.

3tic,

Without the lowers I pick up a little more exhaust smell but the benefits of the lowers out weight the issues.

Benny's: No buffeting, able to ride with shield up or just sunglasses, warmer in cooler weather. Less wind on legs and hands too.

Issues: Bit warmer in hot weather.

I was going to give up on riding if i couldn't eliminate the buffeting cuz it disoriented me on long rides.

You won't be disappointed, trust me!!:)

As far a Wilbur's comment concerning Honey Bear heat issues: Honey Bear is a BIG DUDE. The larger the mass the longer and more difficult it is to bring down your internal temperature. Just a thought.

Just to throw my 2 cents in...the lowers are the real deal...awesome! I use the flyscreen only in the summer time though.

Just installed a set yesterday. The benefits are laudatory as had been said. I don't know why it took me so long:bch: The buffetting has been diminshed +80% with a tall windscreen.
Overflow strike zone 1" below helmet crown vs. square in the eye. And no turbulence from over the tank.
Hondax - with or without?

Last edited:
Back