Lower Deflectors

Really good thread that has convinced me as well. Going to install before next long ride. Are there options?

Somewhere someone sometime ago herein linked a Memphis Shades alternative; but, I have been unsuccessful in reloacting the link. I went with OEM "lowers" much to my dislike for the gaudy rubber grommet surrounds. I'll be looking, overtime, for a thin cork backside cushion/grip, alternative to the rubbers. The installation was otherwise straight forward and quick.

CASH or CHARGE:D

Really good thread that has convinced me as well. Going to install before next long ride. Are there options?

Raymond:

I don't know about the gaudy rubber grommets being gaudy. The bike is gaudy in it's own right, but, I did have an issue with my lowers in that I had to remove the radiator shrouds and make an adjustment in the mounts (upper and lower) so that when the shroud was in place the clamp connection (the clamps are 2 piece interlocking with a tab that sticks out) didn't have an interference fit with the shroud itself. It wasn't a biggie but I nicked the chrome shroud (Classic) at full right and left lock before I realized I had a problem. I do have my lowers angled back somewhat with the turn signal pods projecting through the cutouts.

They work quite well, especially in the rain. I rode almost 100 miles in a downpour last summer and between the windshield and lowers I didn't get soaked except for my puss where the rain came over the top of the windshield and went under the edge of the helmet.

The Memphis shades are a cheap looking alternative to the OEM lowers. They are in my DK catalog. While somewhat lesser in price, they look cheap.

My dusty feeble memory just kicked in..

Search around for "Baker Air Wings"... they come in different styles... the ones I saw were smoked black. They mount to your forward crash bars and are completely adjustable. I saw a set mounted to a Rocket over at TRat in the photo albums but I forget who posted them.

I just found this link but the picture sucks...

http://www.bakerbuilt.com/triumph.htm

Last edited:
Nouveau rubber

Ok Flip, gaudy isn't the word for it:eek: This is a family friendly thread right...I'll leave it at gaudy. Had the designers, et al, given a tad bit of consideration for the amount of chrome being covered up with rubber grommet surrounds, you call 'em as you see 'em, they might have saved "developement" overhead. A 1/16" (1.59 mm) wafer of rubber or cork affixed to the unseen underside of the fixing brackets would have spared us the nouveau rubber look.

Keeping in mind the effects (dscoloration) of various polishes/waxes on rubber components, gaudy is a nice word for 'em.

Last edited:
Just installed a set yesterday. The benefits are laudatory as had been said. I don't know why it took me so long:bch: The buffetting has been diminshed +80% with a tall windscreen.
Overflow strike zone 1" below helmet crown vs. square in the eye. And no turbulence from over the tank.
Hondax - with or without?

Sorry about that Her3tic, "With". I went back and edited my error.

Back