Not by much my friend. Not even enough to say it will walk away from it. Pretty much equal. Riders weight would be the factor here on which is faster. Besides some may even think that a bike is not just judged by how fast it is but by other factors. Reliability, comfort and handling are some key factors. Granted all bikes have their problems but some have more than others. Just because you own a certain brand of bike does not make it King Of The Hill. My post i believe was very neutral and not bias just stating facts. Granted this is a Truimph forum and opinions primarily will favor the sponsored brand.

I know it's not by much. I was trying to find your point in highlighting power to weight when the Thruxton by your figures has the advantage over the Scout, and by the correct figures has even more advantage. It makes it hard to follow the conversation when posts are edited. I think once we get down to 'put a pipe on this one', rider taking a dump or not before a ride etc then we're into pointless territory. FWIW I would love to see a Vmax/Clavs Rocket match up! That would be great watching.

Hell i give up and the search for intelligent conversation continues.:(:(:(:(:(:(:( By the way 9.41 in quarter set back in 09 on a modified V max. My friend has a reached that and then some on his modified V max. 2018. Very fast and very much a good show.

Last edited:
I know it's not by much. I was trying to find your point in highlighting power to weight when the Thruxton by your figures has the advantage over the Scout, and by the correct figures has even more advantage. It makes it hard to follow the conversation when posts are edited. I think once we get down to 'put a pipe on this one', rider taking a dump or not before a ride etc then we're into pointless territory. FWIWI would love to see a Vmax/Clavs Rocket match up! That would be great watching.

LOL.

Had Mufasa at 175 today crossing New Mexico, dead stable and happy as could be to do it, drama free.

The Vmax might keep up through second, but once speeds get high, no chance.

LOL.

Had Mufasa at 175 today crossing New Mexico, dead stable and happy as could be to do it, drama free.

The Vmax might keep up through second, but once speeds get high, no chance.

Lol I'd like to put myself down for $100 on the Triumph please. Let me know if it's going to happen I'd like to get in early....

Hell i give up and the search for intelligent conversation continues.:(:(:(:(:(:(:( By the way 9.41 in quarter set back in 09 on a modified V max. My friend has a reached that and then some on his modified V max. 2018. Very fast and very much a good show.

I saw a Carpenter Rocket doing 8.99 on YouTube. The V-Max is a fast thing for sure, but I would put my money on @Claviger .
And then, does the Max even hold enough gas for a 1/4 mile run? :sneaky::rolleyes:

The 2020 holds four gallons. Let me throw this out there Why don't you all read up a bit. See what a supercharged or turbo V-max is all about. You may be surprised. My friend in OKC has a super charger on a 2018. Plus some modifications to the engine.

This hole thing is getting way out there and a bit ridiculous. My point to be made was that there are some nice bikes out there that are well made and can perform rather well. the stats on the bikes are interesting. Especially the stats on the new diavel and new rocket. I like Claviger and enjoy are conversations. We may not agree all the time which is good. I can say that am not so narrow minded to think that only triumph has welled made and fast bikes. Am sure Claviger would agree. The odds on everybody getting together and racing considering the different geographic locations would be slim to none. Would be fun to watch a super Rocket and Super V-Max go head to head. Both are nice bikes. Between jobs and personal commitments i do not see it taken place.

Back