Long wet ride...

R3Tex

Living Legend
Ride
'13 Rocket III Roadster
Had to make a business trip that I though was bull$hit so I told them that if I had to go I was riding not flying, so Tuesday I'm off...580 miles...Houston to Amarillo. Got to the hotel had a burger and a couple of beers, wake the next morning rested and refreshed. Go to the office for my 1 hour BS meeting and its time to head home...look out the window...black clouds, etc. Check the weather radar...not good...high wind, hail, rain...the usual summer crap in the Texas panhandle and its headed southeast...just like me. So off I go headed south to try and get around it...and it changes track to the south, I drive faster and head southwest. Long story short I pulled in at home about midnight last night with 1460 miles on the trip odometer with the storm pushing me a bit farther south and west than I'd planned. Got wet 3 times and my shoulders were sore as hell from fighting a side wind, BUT I got paid a **** good wage to ride for two days. I told my boss this morning that I had a very productive meeting and I should probably plan on making the next one :D:D

Down here they would you reimburse you for to using your own vehicle for work trips according to number of cylinders. I knew there must be at least one reason for owning a Goldwing.

I knew that:) I meant RK...... in Antioch. Too many letters for me to remember and I went blank trying to remember his name. Getting older sucks.

Those long cold wet uncomfortable and challenging rides are the ones you remember fondly ... some months after they have taken place of course. I remember them more than the 'just another ride' ones .. maybe i'm weird :eek: yeh ok i'm weird .. hahahaha.

Back