Long wet ride...

Last time I worked for someone other than myself back in 1989 I drove a truck with no sleeper the boss paid for motel rooms for me. Meal allowance was about $50.00 a day It was like a big holiday driving around the country staying in motels.

Those long cold wet uncomfortable and challenging rides are the ones you remember fondly ... some months after they have taken place of course. I remember them more than the 'just another ride' ones .. maybe i'm weird :eek: yeh ok i'm weird .. hahahaha.

Ah yes,there is the one I did a few years back through the northern goldfields.
Driving rain and thunderstorms at 140kph.:D Later on in the day,just south of Mt Magnet,there was flash flooding with 18inches of water flowing across Gt Northern Hwy in places.
The owner of Paynes Find Roadhouse opened up his bar and lit the fire so we could dry off,even though he was closed due to a willy willy blowing half his roof off the month before.

Those long cold wet uncomfortable and challenging rides are the ones you remember fondly ... some months after they have taken place of course. I remember them more than the 'just another ride' ones .. maybe i'm weird :eek: yeh ok i'm weird .. hahahaha.

That is the truth. No one wants to hear about the perfect non event ride.
That's what I had today. 155 miles of fun riding. One coon, one buzzard and one ripe road kill dog.

Back