Little help with outlaw pipes please

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180801-234605_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180801-234605_Gallery.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 4
Your local dealer is having you on . The cats on a 2014 roadster are in the pipes , which is why people fit the Tors. If your having problems with the idle and your making smoke , then you need to be looking at a tps , iscv check / reset ! Easily done with tune ecu . If these settings are all to buggery it will explain all problems you are having . If you have run the bike for 20 mins or so there would be nothing left to burn off . Besides , oil burns with blue smoke whereas an over rich mixture which would almost certainly be caused by base settings being awry , burns with black smoke !
Done the iscv check today it is slightly off but the bike idled better after the reset. Seemed to be a bit of a flat spot on acceleration going to have to get someone to have a look at it I think.

Done the iscv check today it is slightly off but the bike idled better after the reset. Seemed to be a bit of a flat spot on acceleration going to have to get someone to have a look at it I think.
I would not recommend your local dealer he will probably tell you to change your light bulbs.:eek:

That pic is of a stock roadster can. Not a TORS. Never seen one rust like that tho. And they have as much steel in them as a battle ship.the pic shows what a TORS end looks like.
73349_770bfba5801cb0f8212b239091073c22.jpg
That's not a rocket pipe they're too close together :rolleyes:

If you have black smoke its not oil or grease burning its unburnt fuel....if you block the air intake you will also get black smoke... pointing to the filter maybe or air intake sensor fault...i have never seen cans rot away like that, would a bad tune do that Guys?...just trying to think logically here...
I think i would check everything that has been done, step by step to make sure, then get the tune sorted. Too lean is a nono for valves...burns too hot....Do the simple things first, take your time and be sure its spot on.

Too much pressure washing will do that to cans . The water gets in them , mixes with the soot and produces Carbolic acid . The stainless is sterner stuff so it attacks the mild steel and welds first , hence the pipe falls apart from within !

Too much pressure washing will do that to cans . The water gets in them , mixes with the soot and produces Carbolic acid . The stainless is sterner stuff so it attacks the mild steel and welds first , hence the pipe falls apart from within !
What a bloody team eh??!!.....There is always someone lurking who is clued up on something you want to know!!...cheers Nath.

Back