Little help with outlaw pipes please

Black smoke is certainly better than blue smoke ! Knowing it's a direct replacement filter rules out anything being dislodged under the tank kind of ? The Triumph Tors tune isn't a million miles off for the platts, but she should definitely be running a tad lean ! You say the Tors pipes had rotted out ? This is even stranger , especially on a 14 model . I would be suspecting something has gone awry with the cold start mechanism as opposed to the tune , unless she was always smoking but those great big tors pipes prevented you from noticing before , highly unlikely tho ! It's going to be a case of waiting until the lonelec cable turns up and plugging into the tune ecu for some diagnostics , I strongly suspect your problem is not in the tune ! If she runs rich with KnN and platts , she would have been ten times worse before . As far as the tune ? You could play about for ever and a day , the only sure way of knowing she is spot on in that department , is with a dyno tune . Find a tuner who is prepared to use tune ecu as most will only tune via PCV , but to save yourself time and money , run a diagnostics , iscv check / reset first

Hi all
Thanks for all the welcomes and help.
Just been in touch with dp he thinks it could be manufacturing oil not been burnt off yet. I ran it for 20 minutes at temp and it was getting worse so I got scared and switched it off. No flame out of the pipe that I noticed though I didn't rev it hard. I might be worrying about nothing.

Black smoke is certainly better than blue smoke ! Knowing it's a direct replacement filter rules out anything being dislodged under the tank kind of ? The Triumph Tors tune isn't a million miles off for the platts, but she should definitely be running a tad lean ! You say the Tors pipes had rotted out ? This is even stranger , especially on a 14 model . I would be suspecting something has gone awry with the cold start mechanism as opposed to the tune , unless she was always smoking but those great big tors pipes prevented you from noticing before , highly unlikely tho ! It's going to be a case of waiting until the lonelec cable turns up and plugging into the tune ecu for some diagnostics , I strongly suspect your problem is not in the tune ! If she runs rich with KnN and platts , she would have been ten times worse before . As far as the tune ? You could play about for ever and a day , the only sure way of knowing she is spot on in that department , is with a dyno tune . Find a tuner who is prepared to use tune ecu as most will only tune via PCV , but to save yourself time and money , run a diagnostics , iscv check / reset first
Thanks nat67. Very helpful and may have stopped me from making a big mistake.
On another point has anyone had any dealings with hugendon m40 triumph. As my experience is a bit mixed. Not like Plymouth triumph who I can't recommend enough.
Will try and upload pics of rotted tors

I've just been told by triumph that there is a cat delete tune and was wondering if you know if 20228map.hex is the one they mean for a 2014 roadster?

I've just been told by triumph that there is a cat delete tune and was wondering if you know if 20228map.hex is the one they mean for a 2014 roadster?
If the bike was fitted with aftermarket tors , chances are it would already be running that tune ! Don't mess with the tune until you have ruled out positively definitely everything else .

Back