Lift adapter for Roadster

Check out the jack stand adapter that @cusso ken made.
Also check the center stand made by @Flipmeister.
I have one of these for my 2012 Roadster and it works awesome!

Last edited:
Just a follow up to my own inquiry on this for those of you who might be interested. I got the jack-be-quick in the mail and immediately found out that some of the spacers and all of the nylon locking nuts were not included in the box. I then received another email from JBQ asking me to take part of his survey for fitment issues so he could better serve future customers. I replied that jbq didn't fit my bike and that he did not include all of the hardware with the order in which I went to the hardware store to purchase myself to continue on with this. The response I received back was that 2012 must of been one of the changed years and he sent me a picture of how to grind off the corner of his product to make it fit. I find it comical that was the suggestion and told him I wouldn't care to do that after spending $100+ on a product that I expected to come with all items included and frankly...would fit. Sending it back to him now and starting at square one. Perhaps others had good luck with this product (depending on year made) but I certainly didn't and time to move on and find another solution to the problem.

OK, in the interest of complete honesty, here is a copy of the emails that went back and forth between Jack-Be-Quick and Matt (Trumpeteer)
1-THERE WAS NO "SURVEY"
2-THERE WAS NO REQUEST FOR HIM TO GRIND THE PART

JBQ's first email to Matt (the survey?) 7/4/16
"Hello Matt,
It's come to my attention that some of the owners of later model R3's have had some fitment issues with the JBQ. Initially it was reported on a '15 Touring model, then a '13 Touring. Until the other day it was only those two, then I had a similar report from the owner of a '13 Roadster.
I'm trying to find out from others with late model Rockets if they've experienced similar fitment problems so that I may address it for them and future customers. I'd also like to find out at what production point (model year / VIN break) the change in the frame occurred that caused the interference, and on which model (Touring/Roadster) if not all.
Whether or not you've had any problems fitting your JBQ, I'd really appreciate hearing your experience. If you had to "make it fit" or gave up trying, I want to make this right for you. If your's fit without problem, all the better, but please let me know.
I will have some newly designed R3 JBQs ready in a few weeks that will correct the interference problem on the few reported bikes, but do need to find out at what point the frame redesign started.
Bob @ JBQ."

Matt's reply 7/7/16
"I am having fitment issues even though I follow the directions provided and leave all nuts and fasteners loose as described. I'm not sure if it is going to fit or not at this point. Also, it did not come with all the washers and there were not any of the 8M nylon locking nuts which I had to go to the hardware store and purchase separately. Needless to say, I am not overly impressed with what I have received for my money so far."

JBQ's Reply 7/7/16 photo included was that of LasVegasDave's mod.
"Matt,
I apologize for the problems you've had, and don't blame you a bit for being upset. It's my goal to see you happy with the lifting brackets. As stated in my previous email, Triumph has apparently (again) changed the frame. So far, I've only had customers with '13 models or newer have the fitment problem, but as I looked back on the sales records, yours was the only '12 model, so let's try to get to the bottom of it. Attached is a photo taken by a customer with a '15 model that also had a fitment problem. With his modification, he got it on without a problem. If this is the same interference point that you're dealing with and you want to try the same, fine. If you'd rather not, (and I don't fault you for not) you may send it back and I'll either refund you or send you the redesigned one once I get them back from the fabrication shop; likely a few weeks. If you do send it back, please put a piece of masking tape on it and mark where the fitment issue is.
Concerning the hardware; did the package appear damaged or previously opened? Was the plastic bag that the hardware was in torn or opened? I've had others tell me that some hardware was missing, and of course, I'll replace it, but I'm wondering why these are missing! I have a checklist that I use to pack the kits, and after the first report of missing hardware which I presumed that I just forgot, I now suspect mishandling of the package, Regardless, Tell me what was missing and I'll send it right away.
Again, I apologize. It's a bit embarrassing to sell something that I've promised you will work, that turns out not to. Please, let's work together on this to find a solution for you and other R3 owners.
Bob @ JBQ

Matt's reply 7/7/16
"The box was intact when I received it. The packing was just thrown/stuffed into it and the parts mixed amongst it. I could see how it could get overlooked at how disorganized it appeared to be. I found all the fasteners inside the box but the items that I said previously were missing.
I will be sending this back to you and wish to be refunded. I do not care to pay $100+ dollars on something that the company tells me to put a grinder on it so that I can make it fit on the bike. Especially considering this is designed to lift a 800+ pound machine that I paid a lot of money for. I don't care to have this product and would like to send it back for a refund.
I will get it boxed up and sent back to you by the weekend and would like to have a refund on what I was charged. Thank you.

JBQ's reply 7/7/16
"OK Matthew, I don't blame you. You should not have to fix it. If you like, I'll contact you when the redesigned brackets are available. Apparently the change occurred '11 or '12.
I sold several to '10 & before customers without a complaint. The problem came to my attention last month.
The box must have been opened for inspection or severely handled. When I packed it, the hardware bag was taped securely to the bracket under the bubble wrap and the bracket taped to another piece of cardboard to prevent movement. No way the bag accidently opened. Again, so sorry for the inconvenience.
If you still have the original box, you should be able to repack it in that, and mark it "Refused/ Return to sender" and not pay any postage.

So let the record be straight.
JBQ made an effort to make this right, and still will with any customer that has any problem with any of my products. I stand behind all my sales and no one has ever been left hanging!

Last edited:
OK, in the interest of complete honesty, here is a copy of the emails that went back and forth between Jack-Be-Quick and Matt (Trumpeteer)
1-THERE WAS NO "SURVEY"
2-THERE WAS NO REQUEST FOR HIM TO GRIND THE PART

JBQ's first email to Matt (the survey?) 7/4/16
"Hello Matt,
It's come to my attention that some of the owners of later model R3's have had some fitment issues with the JBQ. Initially it was reported on a '15 Touring model, then a '13 Touring. Until the other day it was only those two, then I had a similar report from the owner of a '13 Roadster.
I'm trying to find out from others with late model Rockets if they've experienced similar fitment problems so that I may address it for them and future customers. I'd also like to find out at what production point (model year / VIN break) the change in the frame occurred that caused the interference, and on which model (Touring/Roadster) if not all.
Whether or not you've had any problems fitting your JBQ, I'd really appreciate hearing your experience. If you had to "make it fit" or gave up trying, I want to make this right for you. If your's fit without problem, all the better, but please let me know.
I will have some newly designed R3 JBQs ready in a few weeks that will correct the interference problem on the few reported bikes, but do need to find out at what point the frame redesign started.
Bob @ JBQ."

Yes, I would call this a survey...or a collection of data if that makes you feel better. Either way I stand by what I said in my original post. When I put the order in originally I included year and model of this bike. So I was somewhat taken back that nothing was identified and the order still processed through. Not having all the appropriate fasteners to this order only added to the frustration.

And yes sir, you did suggest for me to DIY this product to make it fit, hence my reply back to you of why I was not comfortable doing that. Attached in your email was a picture of the product from another customer that DIY the fitment issue with your comments as follows:

"Attached is a photo taken by a customer with a '15 model that also had a fitment problem. With his modification, he got it on without a problem. If this is the same interference point that you're dealing with and you want to try the same, fine. If you'd rather not, (and I don't fault you for not) you may send it back and I'll either refund you or send you the redesigned one once I get them back from the fabrication shop; likely a few weeks. If you do send it back, please put a piece of masking tape on it and mark where the fitment issue is."

And this is why I replied back that I do not care to "cut off" the part of this product so that it would fit. I still stand by what I have reported in here and why it is going back for a refund. Good luck with your future proceedings.

You want the adapters in the frame holes at the rear, there, just to the right of the upper red circle in the image. That's the balance point, or rather lifting there will raise the rear and put minimal weight on the front. I'd be hugely surprised if it was anything different on the R3R to the R3T in that respect. I just got a Becker-Technic stand that works like a center stand, it lifts on only those two points and the bike is balanced with the rear wheel in the air.

Lots of people have made blocks that have a pin on it, where the pin goes in the hole; there are images here of such setups. The blocks then rest on the rearmost arm of the bike lift and put most of the weight there.

Here are some - the pin goes into the hole, the flat metal part forms the lifting surface.

Lift

Personally, I've just spent myself out of that problem - I bought a German Kern-Stabi adapter plate. The ****ed thing cost a fortune, but it was the quickest and easiest way to get a superb lift adapter so I grinned and bore it.

It also hooks into those exakt frame holes, and I haven't seen any info anywhere that the R3 Roadster is any different to any other Rocket. The one thing to keep in mind is that newer Rockets have 9mm holes there, the older ones were 13mm or some such.
I have those since 2009 use them regularly to lift my roadster rear end on a lift table by slipping a scissor jack under these I can remove rear wheel and drain oil quicker.
http://www.r3owners.net/threads/lift.15570/#post-196003

This works for me.............

14034803_10153713075132097_8264445945306438242_n.jpg
14054026_10153713066537097_2073440148918912875_n.jpg
14068158_10153713066607097_8024460594055758844_n.jpg
14089260_10153713066457097_5884483888458763507_n.jpg

Glad I have my kern-stabi plate and the Bacho jack. Rock solid, no issues taking the rear wheel off safely either.

Back