Lift adapter for Roadster

Hi guys,
I though I would take a moment to sing the praises of Bob Chambers the CEO of 'Jack-Be-Quick' motorcycle accessories. The customer service was second to none and went above and beyond anything I have ever experienced from a seller. I can only speak from my own experience and from what I've heard from my mates... that in general, customer service has taken a nose dive in recent years. For example, ordering parts where I've felt like saying "Am I annoying you mate?" because it all seems so hard for the parts guy to find what you are looking for. What happened to the parts guys that could name half a dozen bikes that use the same component? Sometimes at half the price...
Bob at JBQ was a breath of fresh air and I highly recommend JBQ, especially the 'lifting bracket' for the Rocket III. The sump casting is not designed to take all that weight. Even using a piece of plywood etc... to spread the load is not worth the risk. At best it may just crack the sump pan casting. At worst you could get a rapid catastrophic failure with the bike becoming unstable and falling over! I used my JBQ set-up last night to lift up the back-end so I could fit a set of rear dresser bars (which I didn't like. See the For Sale section :thumbsdown:). It was so easy compared to what I had done previously - A hydraulic jack and the proverbial piece of plywood. The best part is that the JBQ bracket stays on the bike. You wouldn't even know that it was there... Handy if you were away somewhere or stuck by the road side etc... A brilliant and simple, well made product! Thanks Bob.

Cheers
Tonester

JBQ Bracket Fitted to my 2014 Rocket Roadster.

Attachments

• IMG_0430.JPG
    IMG_0430.JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 15
Regarding the Becker-Technik rocket 3 - Lifter d 8mm

Good luck trying to muscle an 800 pound bike up onto what essentially is a center stand on wheels!
Even harder would be trying to get it off while steadying the bike with both hands,
Viewing the Becker video, seems easier to bring up than other center lift stands I've viewed. Has anyone used one?

I have the Becker lifter. If interested, their dealer in the UK apparently didn't get the memo about no sales to North America. It's pricey though, and not really appropriate for *both* wheels up -- one or the other -- not both.

If your floor jack isn't handy, like mine, then the Becker Technik stand is far faster and easier. If you get one, make sure to measure the holes in the frame -- they come from Triumph in 13mm (older bikes) and 8 mm (newer bikes).

Everything in life is a trade-off. If you just need a little clearance for oil change, or front or back wheel off the ground, a lifter will do and is rock solid on the floor.

These folks will ship to the US, whereas the folks in Germany will not:

BECKER TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 LIFTER - ROCKET 3

If I need more room to operate, then I have the JBQ for carrying the load of the bike on the lift, and it is far less stable (I would never lift my bike the way that one is shown) begging for supplemental support, such as from a T-frame on the floor.

20170730_130123.jpg

+1 Becker - Though for rear wheel removal I have a lift similar to that shown by VAbird - but it does have extending side bars.
Yes I'd love a bench - but cant find one I like and can afford. Place that does my tyres has a great one - but 3 grand is out of my league.

btw BECKER OWNERS. Becker-Technik Rangier-Adapter-Set - I'm thinking.

Back