Lifetime Honda guy just trying to get info on Triumph

Hello Michael and welcome from a displaced Texan in Virginia. I have just over 50K miles on my 2014 R3T and it still thrills me every time I ride it. For long hot days in the saddle, I sit on a BeadRider; keeps me dry and allows some circulatory massage. For cold weather, I put HippoHands on the bars to block the gust. If a long ride pops up, the bike is always ready to go and has carried me from Here to Denver to Sturgis and back with all day comfort... and many other full day rides.
3.8.15a.jpg
Brahma 09.25.16.jpg
En route Sturgis 2014.jpg
Brahma 09.25.16.jpg

Welcome to a great forum!

Your choice really depends on what makes you happy! All motorcycle are fun, fun, fun!

Ive never ridden a gold wing, so I have nothing to offer there, however I've owned a few harley touring models, and the Rocket, to me at least offers more comfort, way more performance and its a real motorcycle. I got sick of the gadgets and doodads! Frankly, I started to lose interest all together as the bikes everyone had (me included) had more in common with a cage than an actual honest to God motorcycle!

Best of luck on your purchase!

Btw, I owned some really nice Harleys, and my modest Roadster gets waaaaay more attention! And I live in Milwaukee!

Ive come from a Goldwing GL1800 onto a rocket 3 classic... cant really compare the bikes as they are 2 totally different beasts...If I did a lot of touring then the Goldwing is the one to go for... comfort n all the toys for hassle free cruising.... but my touring days are over so I sold the wing and now have my rocket for hooning about on... luv it to bits and mi neck muscles have grown stronger with all the holding on without a fairing! Other reason was I can now get my feet on the floor where i couldnt on the wing, and the rocket is a lot lighter...

So in a nutshell..if its touring you want buy a wing... if its fun and grin factor then its a rocket!

You can do whatever you want with a Rocket with a bit of mods here and there.

The biggest problem with the rocket is lack of dealer support and knowledgeable
Mechanics!!

Still the best bike around for the thrill it will deliver every time you ride her.

I may add another bike to the stable but I do not see me getting rid of the rocket anytime soon!!!

The biggest problem is their is no replacement for the rocket, so every other bike you will own will never quite measure up to the rocket!!

Go get one you will see what everyone is talking about!!

Good luck with your quest!!

i bought mine for the power.
i have a friend that had a victory vision so we traded for a little trip what i noticed was that his fairing was attached to the frame so it made it much more stable when riding around big trucks but when u wanted to go it was very doggie. so i guess u will just have to make up your mind do u want a Cadillac or a muscle Chevelle.

You can do whatever you want with a Rocket with a bit of mods here and there.

The biggest problem with the rocket is lack of dealer support and knowledgeable
Mechanics!!

Still the best bike around for the thrill it will deliver every time you ride her.

I may add another bike to the stable but I do not see me getting rid of the rocket anytime soon!!!

The biggest problem is their is no replacement for the rocket, so every other bike you will own will never quite measure up to the rocket!!

Go get one you will see what everyone is talking about!!

Good luck with your quest!!

I think after owning a rocket, whatever I buy in the future will require forced induction to feel “right”. Lol.

Ive come from a Goldwing GL1800 onto a rocket 3 classic... cant really compare the bikes as they are 2 totally different beasts...If I did a lot of touring then the Goldwing is the one to go for... comfort n all the toys for hassle free cruising.... but my touring days are over so I sold the wing and now have my rocket for hooning about on... luv it to bits and mi neck muscles have grown stronger with all the holding on without a fairing! Other reason was I can now get my feet on the floor where i couldnt on the wing, and the rocket is a lot lighter...

So in a nutshell..if its touring you want buy a wing... if its fun and grin factor then its a rocket!
Yes another brother from a different Mother:D motorbikes have been straying off the path for years now and the shame is bikers are excepting it, bikes were never designed to be comfy, warm, water proof, I for one cannot understand why anyone would put a fairing on a big or a radio, a windshield I can understand a wee bit but keeping your bike as naked as possible with the wind hitting you right on the chest is the way to go.

Yes another brother from a different Mother:D motorbikes have been straying off the path for years now and the shame is bikers are excepting it, bikes were never designed to be comfy, warm, water proof, I for one cannot understand why anyone would put a fairing on a big or a radio, a windshield I can understand a wee bit but keeping your bike as naked as possible with the wind hitting you right on the chest is the way to go.
I guess I'm the rider who enjoys some comforts. I noticed you list Florida as home. I live in a different climate. So far this year the weather has been in the 40s and some 50s. Your not riding a factory Rocket in this weather without frozen nads. Fairing and other bells and whistles make my riding more enjoyable. Different strokes for different folks...

Back