Left the "Dark Side" For A 2007 Rocket 3!

Yes my 07 ST1300 was pretty sporty but a bit hard on the long cruises.....The State Motorcycle police use them and it was just a bit boring after a while.

When I saw the 147 ft lbs of torque I said "I am all in"!!!!!

The guy I bought mine must have not put it though the twisties as those metzlers had chicken strips on them.

Now I am deciding between Metzlers, Exedra Maxs or Avons..I have a feeling this bike is going to consume rear tires!

Ciao!

Greg
Another Aussie welcome
Go the Exedra Max on the rear and an Avon up front..............rear tyre use all comes down to how you apply the right hand.....................so pretty much yep eats tyres

Hello and welcome. I thought by dark side you ment tires or Harley D. So no one gets the wrong impression let me say I love the way my Rocket looks, performs and gets attention. But leaving Honda is Leaving the Sunshine. Unfortunately they no longer build a Cruiser/Tourer that I would be interested in. I always considered myself a Honda "fanboy". Ever since I acquired a R3 my Hondas and the T Bird are collecting dust & cobwebs.

Welcome from Canada! I happen to have both an ST1300 and an Rocket Roadster. I cannot decide between them so I just had to have them both. I got the ST for $5000, its an amazing bike for such little cash. I stopped trying to chase people a long time ago, too much trouble. The ST is not really that slow, its a great smooth ride!

Enjoy your new Rocket! :)

Welcome from Canada! I happen to have both an ST1300 and an Rocket Roadster. I cannot decide between them so I just had to have them both. I got the ST for $5000, its an amazing bike for such little cash. I stopped trying to chase people a long time ago, too much trouble. The ST is not really that slow, its a great smooth ride!

Enjoy your new Rocket! :)

Hey thanks for all the welcomes guys...What a group of fantastic people! Well...now that I am done on the initial spending "spree" for tires, brake pads, new battery and etc....I can get to know all of you better.

Hey Richochet....Oh yes the ST is a rocket for sure and I did not mean to denigrate it as it is the BEST sport touring bike(OH OH the FJR guys are going disagree) but I was relating it to the death fear induced by my R1 or the RC51 I had owned before the SV 1000 and ultimately the ST1300.

The ST is awesome and the torque is impressive. It is also a lot easier to handle than the Rocket at slow speed and maneuver in and out of the garage considering they have about the same dry weight.

The best thing about the Rocket is this Forum and the friends I will make and meet in the near future. Whatever I am riding is 2nd to the friends I make while riding.

Y'all have a fantastic weekend!

Cheers.....Greg

I misunderstood the title I guess.
WHY would anybody leave the darkside for those no grippin Metzes?
Especially since ya only get about 4,000 miles out of one for around $300.
My darkside has several more miles on it than that for a third the money,
and can hang with just about anybody.
Put a darkside tire on your classic and you'll be a happy camper,
especially since you're already use to riding one.

i am not a dark side but if i were i would put a new one on every 20,000 miles just for the hell of it.

It is off bro! Prior owner had jammed both latches full of white lithium grease which has hardened. Rednecks do the ****dest things!

I cleaned both springs of the hardened grease and lubed them temporarily with silkroil...Will follow up with some PTFE gun lube.....

I am back! Wooo Hooo....Anyone know where I can buy a Rocket?

Cheers....Greg

2016 BMW S1000XR

Back