Left the "Dark Side" For A 2007 Rocket 3!

xlr8tion

Turbocharged
Ride
2016 BMW S1000XR
Hey Gang!

New Triumph owner on board...Got rid of my Honda ST1300 after chasing my buddies on Speed Triples and decided to get into the TORQUE ZONE!

Just got my R3 Classic today...18K miles...Knew I had the right bike when my insurance company refused to cover me and I am 53 and have a 800+ FICO score...Reason....My CSR said "DISPLACEMENT" put it into ****** rocket status and they don't cover that.

Got a new set of Tires ordered, battery and brake pads and am ready to roll over to the Triumph dealership if I can get my seat off....

Seems the Anticlockwise/Ring Pull is only releasing the rear part of the seat and the manual is so vague I do not want to risk it!

Anywho.......Read to rumble and hope to meet you fellow R3 riders soon! Heres a few pics and thanks for having me on board.
1-Rocket1.jpg
1-Rocket1.jpg
1-Rocket1.jpg
1-Rocket1.jpg
1-Rocket1.jpg
1-Rocket1.jpg

welcome from arizona
removing the seat is better with two people. i put a piece of elect wire on mine with a ring on the end.
the trick is to have some one twist the key while u pull the rear.

Welcome, good looking ride you have there!! Good luck with your new ride!!
Thanks y'all!

I am from Wisconsin and moved down to South Carolina where we can ride most of the year! Thanks to all the people that welcomed me....This is a rocking ROCKET crowd! As per my seat...The
key is only turning 45 degrees; not 90 and I am pretty sure it is half released as I can not press it back down...Does the key turn have to be 90 degrees..The manual is pretty sparse...The bro that sold it to me did so with bald metzlers and a bad battery so I want to get a tender on it so I can get it to the shop in the AM....Not gonna happen with a dead battery! LOL....Everything on Honda was too easy so its nice to have a few problems now and then!

Thanks to all and wish me luck with the seat!

Greg in Aiken, SC

welcome from arizona
removing the seat is better with two people. i put a piece of elect wire on mine with a ring on the end.
the trick is to have some one twist the key while u pull the rear.
If you lube the latch and lock the problem is solved

Back