Lamonster vs Trik Union Jack tank pads

gadget_ho

Supercharged
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3R
So in case anyone is tossing up between these two products, I bought both and you can see them side by side in the pic. For comparison, the Trik pads are a good deal larger, slightly thinner and don‘t incorrectly render one of the flags. The Lamonster seems a touch thicker and still has a mirrored Union Jack, despite folk saying he is ”fixing” them. Also, they both may as well have used the same underlying image from what I can tell! I ordered the standard Trik ones, not the distressed version.

As to cost, Lamonster wants USD$49 for their pads, and they sought to charge me an additional USD$79 for shipping to Australia. Fortunately I have a drop box service there which reduced shipping to ~AUD$50 for a total of ~AUD$115. Trik charged £25 and only charged £19 to ship to Australia for a total cost of ~AUD$80. Simple choice really…
2EABEB98-04A6-4607-A368-42529FD6B03B.jpeg

So in case anyone is tossing up between these two products, I bought both and you can see them side by side in the pic. For comparison, the Trik pads are a good deal larger, slightly thinner and don‘t incorrectly render one of the flags. The Lamonster seems a touch thicker and still has a mirrored Union Jack, despite folk saying he is ”fixing” them. Also, they both may as well have used the same underlying image from what I can tell! I ordered the standard Trik ones, not the distressed version.

As to cost, Lamonster wants USD$49 for their pads, and they sought to charge me an additional USD$79 for shipping to Australia. Fortunately I have a drop box service there which reduced shipping to ~AUD$50 for a total of ~AUD$115. Trik charged £25 and only charged £19 to ship to Australia for a total cost of ~AUD$80. Simple choice really…
Thank you for the post.
Which ones are you putting on your bike?
What is the website for the Trik pads?
Thank you.

I myself would love to hear what @Lamonster has to say in regards to the above issues.

I don't know enough about the proper way to display the Union Jack to comment, but I do know if someone made a product meant to display the American flag and did it incorrectly, it would bug the sh!t out of me. I'm sure it wasn't done purposely, but once you find it's incorrect, fix it.😤

Now, as for shipping costs, that's another irritation factor for me. shipping should be what shipping costs. it obviously costs more to ship overseas, but unless the actual shipping is $80 to ship a set of decals, that's just crazy to charge someone.

There's always two sides to everything... maybe he'll give his.

Well said. Lamonster should be ashamed of themselves for continuing to sell such a product
Lamonster has had other concerns as he has had a lengthy hospitalization. I'm sure as soon as he is up and going again he'll be addressing the issues.

I'm in Australia too, as soon as I saw the price of postage from the USA I kept looking and went with Trik...its a no brainer really...😎👌

Lamonsters for me....Excellent product...looks the bees nuts on the bike...i like to support this guy as he's been to hell and back with his health...had them on two bikes now and my cobber has them on his 'R'...they look like the bike was made with them on. ...and, i'll think youll find Lamonster was making these prior to anyone else even thinking of them....plus, if you put the Trik ones on and walk around to the other side and compare the two..youll find theyre all up the sh*t.....its a matter of if you want it to look good or just soso...simple really!

Back