Lake Mead with Aprilia RSV4, Vanderhall 3 wheeler

alpental

Turbocharged
Ride
2014 Rocket III Roadster
Had a little work celebration in Vegas last weekend, and tore around north Lake Mead and the Valley of Fire on Saturday. One friend was on his '14 Aprilia RSV4 track bike and the other non-mc friend rented a Vanderhall Laguna three-wheeler. Another gorgeous day around the lake.

all-3-rides (1600).jpg

All three rides lined up. Funny that all the colors matched too!

abe-in-3-wheeler (1600).jpg

Yours truly feeling a little giddy in that Vanderhall Laguna. What a beautiful machine, all carbon fiber everything, beautiful interior and a fantastic sound.

airlift (1600).jpg

Some guy on a Harley overcooked a corner and had to get airlifted out. We had a 30-min delay so I climbed up for a better vantage on the scene.

offroad (1600).jpg

You can't tell me what to do!

I like the no beard look, Abe!
I have ridden the Valley of Fire and Lake Mead many times. Tis a great stretch of a great stretch of roadway.
Please tell us about the RSV4?

I like the no beard look, Abe!
I have ridden the Valley of Fire and Lake Mead many times. Tis a great stretch of a great stretch of roadway.
Please tell us about the RSV4?
Thanks, it comes and goes. Valley of Fire is a little slower, but I think we stayed in triple digits the whole Lake Mead stretch - love that drive. The RSV4 is my buddy's track bike that he shipped out from Michigan for a three-week stay in SoCal riding around. It's got more rwhp than the Rocket at half the weight (plus the guy riding it is about half my weight), so needless to say it's challenging to keep him in sight.

I got into a short rat race with a young man on a 1000 Ninja in the twisties of Arkasas a couple years ago.
I was the lead motor of four of us when this kid whizzed by. I decided to stay with him and see just how good he was.
I gained some coming out of the curves but lost way more going in and through. After a half dozen twisties I proclaimed the kid COULD RIDE! 10 minutes later I came upon a small rural store where the kid sat next to his motor writing something.
Turns out the kid worked for Butler Maps as a road evaluator.

Back