turbotom1052

.040 Over
Ride
HD M8 Softail
Im about to delve into tuning my new Rocket GT and just wondering if the new Rockets offer the safety net that comes with knock sensing and on the fly ignition timing adjustments?

Hey turbo.... is the thumbs up a like to my post or a yes answer to my question???

well if someone spends there time and effort to post a thread i give them a thumbs up.
i have never checked to see if the 20 ups have a knock sensor know the early one do not have a knock sensor.
the ecu controls the timing from signals it gets from the speed, temp, tps and maf? and map sensors.

Do Tell!!!
Loaded the Penner tune and instead of just riding it afterward, I reset the adaptions for sh*ts and giggles because I’m an idiot and thought it wouldn’t hurt to have it relearn everything. That was the wrong call. The subsequent “oh sh*t” moments and the DIY recovery is documented on my channel: Rocket 3R Custom Tune and is now part of the TuneECU support wiki and is documented a couple of times in the Penner Tune thread here.

Loaded the Penner tune and instead of just riding it afterward, I reset the adaptions for sh*ts and giggles because I’m an idiot and thought it wouldn’t hurt to have it relearn everything. That was the wrong call. The subsequent “oh sh*t” moments and the DIY recovery is documented on my channel: Rocket 3R Custom Tune and is now part of the TuneECU support wiki and is documented a couple of times in the Penner Tune thread here.
Ive seen your video before gadget, and found it very informative. So in a nutshell your saying that I should allow the ECU to reset itself by riding it instead of checking the adaptive reset?

Ive seen your video before gadget, and found it very informative. So in a nutshell your saying that I should allow the ECU to reset itself by riding it instead of checking the adaptive reset?
100%. Just ride it after you follow the loading procedure. Don’t reset the adaptions unless you really feel like recalibrating the crank sensor and resetting the cruise control…;)

So crankshaft position sensors double as knock sensors now?
And a misfire is the same thing as knock?
And loading a map and not resetting adaptives is adapting the crankshaft position sensor?
And resetting adaptations means having to recalibrate the crank position sensor?

I am HUGELY confused.

Afaik there is no knock sensor.
This engine is water cooled, has double ignition and a mild compression ratio. No real need for one.
When they talk about "Misfire Detection" it might be a short delay in crank-acceleration the crank sensor can detect. (Just guessing)
But a crank sensor can not detect detonation.

Back