Key Fob Not Found WHILE RIDING?

I wonder if anyone has come up with a way to get rid of the key fob and go back to a regular keyed ignition. I am not the only one who wished they had not gone this fob way with so many bikes. I see the issue on other bike forums as well.

These bikes seem to have a lot of issues. What happens when it looses contact? My bike only came with one fob and two plain keys but don't see any way of using a regular key to start it. I better reread that part... jeezus effin khristmas krinkle
Yeah, don't worry, there's a way. On the left above the rear wheel, there's two "dots" on the plastic underseat (you can feel them if you run a finger along the bottom edge), if you place your FOB or regular key there, you can start the bike.

Yeah, don't worry, there's a way. On the left above the rear wheel, there's two "dots" on the plastic underseat (you can feel them if you run a finger along the bottom edge), if you place your FOB or regular key there, you can start the bike.
Yeah, I had to reread that part of the manual. I really need to test that out with my spare keys. Hope to remember it if ever needed. BTW, does the FOB wrench alarm constantly if those keys are used? I might prefer to use a smaller key instead of that glob fob.

Yeah, I had to reread that part of the manual. I really need to test that out with my spare keys. Hope to remember it if ever needed. BTW, does the FOB wrench alarm constantly if those keys are used? I might prefer to use a smaller key instead of that glob fob.
Never tried it, but it seems kind of dumb if the bike show "FOB out of range" error when started by a standard key, so my guess is that it shouldn't :)

Back