Key Fob Not Found WHILE RIDING?

studrums

Standard Bore
Ride
2020 Rocket 3R
Has anyone experienced this? I'll be on a ride and all of a sudden a warning comes up... The Fob is in my pocket... Batteries replaced (Already had that warning) but this still occasionally happens...

Thoughts?
Be Safe,
Stu

Try checking the battery terminals. Had the same problem including not connecting. Took it to the dealer, he down loaded the new program and replaced the battery. Worked a few times and got the no connect problem again. Removed the seat and found the battery terminals were loose! Tightened the terminals and now the fob works! Someone else here mentioned to check the battery terminals for corrosion, so I am thinking the fob ecu is sensitive to not getting full voltage.

I just had that happen with my car. Had my phone in my pocket, put my car remote in the same pocket. My car doors unlock by have the remote and grabbing the door handle. They would not open when my phone and remote were in the same pocket.
Got in the car and put my phone and remote again in the same pocket and the pushbutton start would not work and the alarm went off, key fob not present showed on the dash. So looks like some interference does happen with some systems.

Last edited:
I just had that happen with my car. Had my phone in my pocket, put my car remote in the same pocket. My car doors unlock by have the remote and grabbing the door handle. They would not open when my phone and remote were in the same pocket.
Got in the car and put my phone and remote again in the same pocket and the pushbutton start would not work and the alarm went off, key phob not present showed on the dash. So looks like some interference does happen with some systems.
Upcoming automation could have the ejection system throw you out of the car for that reason...

These bikes seem to have a lot of issues. What happens when it looses contact? My bike only came with one fob and two plain keys but don't see any way of using a regular key to start it. I better reread that part... jeezus effin khristmas krinkle

Have had the low battery warning light once before, the key FOB not detected a few times. Also had FOBs not work when next to a cell phone from time to time. Starting to wonder if at least part of the time it’s cause by the key getting turned off by accident, then on again … that FOB button is pretty light, and protrudes a little too. It would certainly stand to reason that it gets turns in and off bumping into other keys and stuff in a pocket. I’ve certainly had inadvertent button presses like a panic alarm on other FOBs.

Back