K1600 GTL 2019 with the exclusive package.

IDK about that, Chris, they call the K1200 motor the flying brick for a reason.

OH NO!!!....next thing you'll be wearing slippers when you're riding Sonny!!
not my style but i guess if you're into fairings bags and windshields it would appeal....aaaaggghhh!! think i'll have another rum! lol.

The shift drum on my 2006 K1200s crapped out after 1 year and 10K miles. (wouldn't shift out of 1st)
Replaced under warranty, and it started failing again so I got rid of it.
It was a quick nimble bike, with handling far superior to the Rocket.
I don't trust BMWs after that.

Sonny, since you've been talking about a new bike for awhile, I would like to suggest one for you. it will make it easy for you to become proficient at riding the "twisties" AND you can easily stop to pee on the way home from work!!!

WATSON_00004218-044.jpg

I owned a 2013 K1600 GTL for about a year. Bought it used with about 15,000 miles, and sold it with about 21,000. It played second fiddle to the R3T so I did not put a lot of miles on it. The BMW did some things really, really well. But it also disappointed me in some ways. The good things included throttle response, overall performance, smoothness of the engine/drive train when riding, and comfort. But the trans was annoyingly clunky, the sound system was not good at all (on a German bike, no less) and the self-cancelling turn signal feature took way too long to cancel (not adjustable). I sold it and bought a Victory Vision, which is what I was looking for when I stumbled onto the BMW. My advice would be to keep looking, but that is just me. And, yes, the Vision plays second fiddle to the Rocket, too.

:D:D:eek::D
I enjoy my job but at times not the hours. Worked all week doing twelves and sometimes more. Rode every day in the heat. Plant supervisor recommended i take the weekend off and rest up. His motivation is simple. Rest up and kick it the next five days. At 61 the two hour ride and 12 hour plus days takes it toll. Even so i would be lost without a purpose in life. Been kicking the idea around about starting up my own thing down here. Build a big garage and work on Harley's and farm equipment. Wife is all for it. She says simply your a fool not to. Got a reputation for fixing stuff. Do it when i have the time from Harley's to John Deere"s. Either way the search is on for a new bike. Got plenty of money for a new bike but so far no luck in finding the perfect fit. Guess my dad was right. He took one look at the Rocket and said "How are you going to top that" Referring to the next bike. He may have nailed it.:whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:
Everybody needs a good welding shop from time to time. Plus I think you could dream up projects on your own to keep you out of trouble.:D:D:D

Back