Just installed Rivco center stand. Big Pain!!

This is where I had a problem with the Rocket.

There's not enough room between that round post on the engine and the frame to accommodate the center stand - So the holes in the frame and the holes on the center stand didn't line up.

I've been spending too much time on the floor......I'm trying to correlate the photo you took with my bike....and I can't.

Yours is as dirty as mine. What's your excuse|?

Last edited:
Ohhh MMMMYYYYY GGGOOODDDDD..I'am not saying a word..But Is that MICHIGAN MUD?????

Jack, it ain't mud, it's dust. Everything is dusty, including me. The Bonnie has sat all summer without a cover and the Rocket is sitting in the shop where the tractors are so I go in and out and things get dirty. I'll get everything washed as soon as I get a chance.

It took some grinding and holding my tongue the right way but it fits fine now and I use it all the time. Have had Rivco's on my Valkyrie and VTX1800 and it is not Rivco's fault that the Brit's QC is lax.

Skypig

Tucson, AZ:)

Yesterday I went out for a long ride on the R3. This is the first ride since installing the center stand. What a piece of **** the Rivco center stand is . It scrapes the ground on the right side even in the slightest hard turn . Scared the **** out of me the first time it happened, sounded like the transmission was coming apart on me in the middle of nowhere . I can adjust it so it is up a little higher but then it will start denting my right side exhaust pipe every time I use it and it swings into the up position. If you are thinking about buying one of these ill-conceived center stands ……DON’T. The biggest waste of $340.00 ever for me. I would remove the piece of junk from my R3 and use it as a boat anchor, if I didn't have to drill out threads and grind the frame when installing the thing. I wish Triumph offered their own version like they do for the Tiger. I installed one on my Tiger and it works like a charm and it's so high when in the up position that there is no way it will touch down in a turn. Learn from my mistake!!!!!! And save your money!!!!!!

You might want to take your Tiger stand and measure the distance between the lugs and compare them to the R3. I think you'll find the distance is the relatively close. I have the centerstand from the T100 on the shelf (we don't need that anymore as the T100 is always vertical anyway). I'm going to see, this winter, if I can fit the T100 centerstand to the Rocket. The T100 centerstand has a well engineered cam type over center retraction mechanism that has no dependency on external spring mounts. I might have to change the location of the actuator arm but the stand itself is very a very robust weldment. We'll see if it indeed works and if it's workable we may as they say, 'go from there'.

The centerstand for the T100 is around 150 bucks at the Triumph shop.

You might want to take your Tiger stand and measure the distance between the lugs and compare them to the R3. I think you'll find the distance is the relatively close. I have the centerstand from the T100 on the shelf (we don't need that anymore as the T100 is always vertical anyway). I'm going to see, this winter, if I can fit the T100 centerstand to the Rocket. The T100 centerstand has a well engineered cam type over center retraction mechanism that has no dependency on external spring mounts. I might have to change the location of the actuator arm but the stand itself is very a very robust weldment. We'll see if it indeed works and if it's workable we may as they say, 'go from there'.

The centerstand for the T100 is around 150 bucks at the Triumph shop.

I don't think that you could use a Tiger stand on a R3. It would be way to long, but you might be able to make a Goldwing center stand work if you are good with metal working. If you are interested go to a trike shop that converts Goldwings to trikes. They will sell you the center stand for free or next to free since it isn't worth a thing to them.

I don't think that you could use a Tiger stand on a R3. It would be way to long, but you might be able to make a Goldwing center stand work if you are good with metal working. If you are interested go to a trike shop that converts Goldwings to trikes. They will sell you the center stand for free or next to free since it isn't worth a thing to them.

It's the lug position that's important. Like I said many posts ago, Triumph uses the lower lugs to fixture the bikes on the assembly line. I haven't a clue what a wing looks like on the bottom side or how the centerstand mounts for that matter but I do know what a Triumph looks like on the underside. I have all winter to play with that. Centerstands can be easily shortened or lengthened. It's all wack and weld.

Back