Just bought a big old girl

Welcome from West Michigan ! Now your triplets
PICT2378.JPG

Another warm Aussie welcome Dale, nice looking rig. I run the Avon Cobra's on the front and Bridgestone Exedra Max on the rear and it handles really well.

Welcome from West Michigan ! Now your triplets
PICT2378.JPG
Rocket scientist! I'm in Minneapolis right now, are we close?
Also, this may be a dumb question, but I'm looking at different Avon tires, and the front tire has options between an HR17 & VR17, and I don't know the difference, do you guys?

I have Av71 front, AV72 rear, I dont really know the difference, but it was what Avon listed for my bike.
However, I just looked on the AVON site, I didnt realize there was a 2 year 24000km warranty against wear,put them on a week ago, says 10 to register.

Last edited:
Hmmmm I rarely rarely see above 120, does this bike like to get above 130?

It likes to more than I like it to :eek: :eek:

Also, Yea, what Fingers said: the H&V are speed rating - R = Radial. So VR is 160 mph rated radial
(in case you even wanted to know what the R part meant - if not, feel free to tell me to shut my pie hole) ;)

Also note that if you decide to go B/S Excedra Max on the rear, it only comes in a 240/55R16 instead of the 240/50R16.... the fit is not a problem, it is only slightly taller
On my 05 I have the 140/75R17 V rated & the B/S Excedra Max - I really like that combo

It likes to more than I like it to :eek: :eek:

Also, Yea, what Fingers said: the H&V are speed rating - R = Radial. So VR is 160 mph rated radial
(in case you even wanted to know what the R part meant - if not, feel free to tell me to shut my pie hole) ;)

Also note that if you decide to go B/S Excedra Max on the rear, it only comes in a 240/55R16 instead of the 240/50R16.... the fit is not a problem, it is only slightly taller
On my 05 I have the 140/75R17 V rated & the B/S Excedra Max - I really like that combo

What do you see as the benefits of the Excedra Maxes? I was put off by the sizes not being exact, how does it effect handeling and the pros and cons as you see them? I suppose this question goes out to everyone with applicable experience

What do you see as the benefits of the Excedra Maxes? I was put off by the sizes not being exact, how does it effect handeling and the pros and cons as you see them? I suppose this question goes out to everyone with applicable experience

The Avons are the best. most agree. the excedra is almost as good, less expensive and some say better grip in the wet. the excedra is not offered in the "Max" version for the front tire size & the non Max version is not a good tire. that's why Avon is on the front - Do not worry about the rear size difference. not noticeable at all.
if money's no problem, go avon front and rear. ;) :thumbsup:

Back