Just bought a big old girl

WELCOME, Dale and congrats on your Rocket, it is a looker.
Your engine guards look to be larger than OEM, so perhaps the fit was suspect flexing the lower mount tabs until they broke.
There is a proper way to remove that engine bolt for replacement of the engine guards.
You should get on the fix ASAP and check the procedure for doing so out.

Are you sure you didn't get that bike out of my garage??:eek:
Oh never mind!! mine has a good tire on it, Welcome:)
dark.jpg

Welcome from Cape Cod, MA. I have recently added an Avon Cobra on the rear and it is very impressive. FIX the fork seals ASAP! Unsafe and will definitely affect your handling. Also I dont think you will pass an inspection, well leaky fork seals will fail you in MA.

Other than that enjoy your bike.

I just picked up an 05 with about 26k miles. It's set up for cruising with Corbin seats and bags, it has outlaw pipes, cat bypass, windshield, 4 instrument pods and friction cruise control. It has a slight oil leak out of both its front forks, just a bit after a ride, it also has a bald, chorded buldging front tire, and a 225 car tire on the rear which despite what anyone says, does not handle well, or predictable.
Brief history: first bike was a CBR F4i, then a shadow, decided I wanted a fast cruiser and got a V-max, then I wanted a predictable and comfortable version and got this.
First thing I need to do are put two motorcycle tires on. Secondly, do I need to hurry up and fix the fork seals or wait till it's a proper leak? Third, the previous owner said that he didn't remap the computer once he did the exhaust, does it need to get done? Are there cheap barter ways to get it done? I know that I'll have to if I go with k&n pods which I may do, and may do a single exhaust, but I'm also inclined to leave well enough alone. Thanks, and hi!
YOU can probably clean the seals most of the time its just dirt in the seals you can buy a seal cleaner tool for a couple bucks and then spray the seals with a cleaner that should solve the leaky seal issue. and of course you want to get the bike tuned and a set of MC tires for max handling if you want max performance go for a 3 to 1 exhaust and K&N filters you can make 160 - 175 HP tuned correctly and that should put a smile on your face

Back