Jumps out of first gear?

How many miles? And have you changed the oil yet? Mine did it when I first got it new, tore the front end apart and nothing was wrong, put it all back together and adjusted every thing clutch and it's been fine ever since.
Apparently the oil was changed before I bought it (from a dealer) and it has a chrome oil filter (noticed it today). It’s just starting raining so I’ll go and check the oil (colour) and tinker with the clutch later on or tomorrow. The bite point is quite close to the grip (about an inch?).

How many miles? And have you changed the oil yet? Mine did it when I first got it new, tore the front end apart and nothing was wrong, put it all back together and adjusted every thing clutch and it's been fine ever since.
2009 was supposed to be the year that the updates were all sorted, I didn't buy one on the first Touring year for that reason. 2010 should have the new parts in it.

Apparently the oil was changed before I bought it (from a dealer) and it has a chrome oil filter (noticed it today). It’s just starting raining so I’ll go and check the oil (colour) and tinker with the clutch later on or tomorrow. The bite point is quite close to the grip (about an inch?).
What oil was used, mine is touchy on that, I have Motul in it now , but it is pricey!

How many miles on the bike? This was common on low mileage ones. The main culprit is not getting 1st fully engaged. Don't be afraid to press hard on the lever. It helps if you keep your foot pressed as you ease the clutch out and sometimes you feel it drop right in.

How many miles on the bike? This was common on low mileage ones. The main culprit is not getting 1st fully engaged. Don't be afraid to press hard on the lever. It helps if you keep your foot pressed as you ease the clutch out and sometimes you feel it drop right in.
Thanks. That is exactly what is happening.

Hi. It’s a 2010 R3T so hopefully all/mods have already been done so I’m hoping it’s nothing serious.
Had the same problem with my 2010 and my mechanic contacted Triumph who acknowledged it was a common problem but would not provide a recall. This was several years ago and I don’t remember the exact fix. No problems since.

Back