Jumping out of 2nd gear syndrome

If you can remove the oil tank without removing the throttle bodies, then make sure you let us know how.

The TPS can be changed easily in a couple of minutes, despite what the manual says. You will need a Torx bit to unscrew it, but do not use a socket driver to turn it. Get a small spanner , or wench, and use it on the hex shaped part of the torx socket, while pressing the torx bit into the bolt. Don't over-tighten it when putting it back in. It just needs to be firm enough to hold it.

I replaced my torx with an allen head. Much easier to deal with.

If you can remove the oil tank without removing the throttle bodies, then make sure you let us know how.

The TPS can be changed easily in a couple of minutes, despite what the manual says. You will need a Torx bit to unscrew it, but do not use a socket driver to turn it. Get a small spanner , or wench, and use it on the hex shaped part of the torx socket, while pressing the torx bit into the bolt. Don't over-tighten it when putting it back in. It just needs to be firm enough to hold it.

Personally, I would opt for the wench.

I swapped out a chevy small block in a similar way years back using a cherry picker to lift the motor up, push the truck back swap motors and push the truck back under my home made rack. those 60's chevys were pretty easy.
I hope your problem is solved and these tranny's are reliable.

Bought my 06 with 11000 miles and 2nd gear problems and 11000 miles later there really has been no change with 2nd gear. if I try and race the bike will not engage 2nd but if I ride normally the bike runs and I can roll on power in 2nd after engaging so no drag racing for me but I do most of my crazy stuff between 75-110 mph.

Back