Jay Leno reviews the new Speedmaster

That because it does. I bought mine cause it reminded me of the a3.152 Perkins in my Mf35. sounds like one also

Alleluya! Enlightenment has occurred as the tractor burbled! ;):cool::cool::cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I never realised before that the MF35 was a 3cyl as I have not heard one for 40 years.

I used to go to my Uncles farm every year for a 2 week break and learnt to drive on a MF35 using it as my personal transport to travel a few miles around local back dirt roads and hunting up bush tracks. I was about 14 and spent hours out on it day and night. One night coming back from a swampy area of the farm I learnt about going up wet grassy steep hills with cow paths worn into and across them like shelves. It was pitch black and drizzling with just my tractor's two tiny ancient yellow glow lamps pointing to the heavens.

I realised belatedly that it was not a good idea when the front wheels lifted a foot or two at least off the ground and bounced up and down and it did a wheelie every time a cross path was encountered. It got worse when I encountered a barbed wire fence running straight across my hill forcing me to turn 90* left on the very steep slope. As I felt it slide away, luckily I managed to get the RH front wheel into one of those cross paths using it like a rail track to get to a safe surface. No roll bar or cabin and I still wonder how I never flipped or rolled it that night. My Uncle's brother had already rolled his dual wheeled rear Fiat tractor on a hill on his farm next door a few years before and had a colostomy bag and all for the last 30 years of his life.

That pucker up feeling and sound must have got ingrained into my subconscious as I bought my first road bike, a Yamaha XS850 triple and then years later a Kubota 4wd D850 triple diesel tractor, aural pleasure. I must have missed it because ten years later I got the Sprint ST 1050 and now a Roadster. The latter has finally fulfilled my subconscious quest for that pucker up and aural pleasure.;):cool::D:D

Could not decide if he was talking the Massey Fergusson or the Fergy. The Red MF being all straight lines (quite box shaped) and the Grey Fergy being quite rounded. Bit like a Morris Minor style same vintage!! The Grey Fergy being a petrol four cylinder inline engine. Love the burble of that engine and still have one, comes in handy now and again & is bloody reliable!! So I was leaning towards the Grey Ferguson which in my books is a compliment.

Back