joey fletcher

My Son's Bike
Ride
Recliner
I got in my new jardines today..I did not know they were going to be black:cool:

I pulled out the headers and noticed that the welds on the inside of the flanges were huge. Some were 1/4 of an inch, so I have been using my drimal tool most of the day working on the welds. I think it will take most of the day tomorrow to finish cleaning up the inside flange tubes.

I took some pictures and will post them when I finish the work. Why put on headers if there is 1/2 inch of welds closing up the throat of the header tube??

I will find out if I need to work on the exhaust ports on the engine when I get ready to install the pipes on the Ol'Girl.

What exhaust gaskets do you fellows use when you install new pipes on the Rocket and where do you get them???

Thanks

I got in my new jardines today..I did not know they were going to be black:cool:

I pulled out the headers and noticed that the welds on the inside of the flanges were huge. Some were 1/4 of an inch, so I have been using my drimal tool most of the day working on the welds. I think it will take most of the day tomorrow to finish cleaning up the inside flange tubes.

I took some pictures and will post them when I finish the work. Why put on headers if there is 1/2 inch of welds closing up the throat of the header tube??

I will find out if I need to work on the exhaust ports on the engine when I get ready to install the pipes on the Ol'Girl.

What exhaust gaskets do you fellows use when you install new pipes on the Rocket and where do you get them???

Thanks
Joey use the oem ones you can get them at the dealer If they do not have them I have a couple sets I can send one set to you. I always used two sets on mine so you can leave the originals in there and add to them. sometimes the after market pipes are hard to get a good seal on them. I up if you need to call me.

welds

This is some of the weld inside the headers that needs to be removed.
Just having fun gringing away
Jardines 017.jpg ]

I think mine have a leak at that weld, thought it was the gasket, regasketed, then double gasketed, finally, with judicious use of a wadded rag, found it seems to be coming from the connection of the pipe to the flange. With farmer welds like that, I'm not surprised.

I can only speak for mine. Great sound, quality control needs a little work, though... (IMO)

Finished Grinding

Wow... Finally finished grinding. I took out over 1 oz. of material from the headers.
I must be getting slow it took much longer than I thought. I am sure it will make a small differance....Maybe not worth the time, but I had nothing else to do

Jardines 2 004.jpg

Jardines 2 005.jpg

Jardines 2 006.jpg

Back