Crap welding product

With amateur welds like those, it makes one wonder about the over all quality of the product! That was one ****ty job of welding!! Production work with minimum wage workers at it's best !:rolleyes: I would hazard a guess that Jardine's welders are not certified either.

Why don't you grind out all of the junk bead Joey and have a good fabricator TIG weld the pipes to the flanges from the out side. They could also touch up the inside where you have ground the bead down. That would save you a lot of time hunting down cracked, leaking welds later on down the line! ;)

Finished

I finished up and did a trial fit....most everything fit good, but have one main issue the pic of the header and the bolt are making hard contact. I will remove the header and use a torch to heat up that section of the header and use a ball ping hammer to make clearence to get the header off that bolt.

So far so good

Jardines 2 007.jpg

Jardines 2 010.jpg

Jardines 2 008.jpg

Confused

I been looking at what exhaust to get and had decided on the jardines but now im not so sure with all the quality issues. If you double up the gaskets maby that will allow for the clearance u need.

I am not going to be to hard on the welders that welder these pipes. Hell, I bet you are right.....Minimum wage at best.

They just stick parts into a fixture and have at it, with a wire machine. To get a set of hand fitted and tig welded headers and pipes would cost a TON!

I am the best fabricator you or anyone has ever seen....if you don't believe me.....JUST ask ME.....LMAO:p

I worked in the maintenance field for 44 yrs, I was a very good welder, Tig. Mig, and stick. Now my eyes are not as good as they once were so the great welds are not as pretty as they once were.
Pretty good at forged welding also. There is nothing I can not make from metal. Mills, Lathes, EDM's grinders and boreing mills. CNC turret mach. Pressbrakes and Lazers mostly Amada machines.

Now that I have retired I don't have the equipement to make all the things I use to make.

Jax

I do not think 2 sets of gaskets will allow the clearance I need.

I will use a propane torch to heat up a small section...I will mark it with white chalk..Heat it up to cherry red and litely tap with a small ball ping hammer using the round end and move it just enough to clear Apx. 1/8 inch..Should not cause a flow issue what so ever.

What I did with the drimal tool and diamond coated bits was easy and cheap. I got the bits from harbor freight and were $7. I already had the drimal tool. I only used 3 bits out of the box and it still has about 15 left.
Not a big deal....anyone can do it

I am still very happy with these pipes. I just hope that it will be just a little louder..
I lit it off with the header only...:D Just hope when the mufflers go on it will be just a tad louder:eek:

You have my respect 44 yrs in the maintenance feild is not an easy task. I been doing it for 27 yrs and i know what you what mean my welds aint what they used to be.

Thanks Jax

I think you will like the Jardines..Everything I have heard about the Jars are great as to performance and sound.

Fit and finish...I learned a long time ago there is no such thing as the perfect part or the perfect finish

But a **** good mechanic can get it so close to perfect:D

I agree with you , just hate to have to tweek on a exhaust that cost us a grand. Wish we had more options that would force the suppliers to build a higher quality product.

Jardines installed....at last

All I can say is DO NOT FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!!!

If you follow the directions with the pipes you will lose most or all of your religion..:eek:

If anyone is interested on the easy to install Jardines on a Rocket 3. Let me know and I will post the easy way

I have a Masters & Dr. Degree from the UOHK, so I think I am qualified for the task.:D

I would put pics out but it is dang cold outside today plus wind is about 25-30 mph......Burrrrrr

Back