Jardines/PC III ...still some backfire ?

map

Thanks for all the quick responses. I will take the bike out for a quick run tommorrow and let everyone know what I find. I'll post my final numbers so that others can use them as a point of reference. If I get rid of the popping, I most likely wil leave it alone for a while until I can afford a full custom map. Not many people in Charleston even want to touch a rocket unfortunately.
Todd

There was a feature in Tunedit that allowed for PCIII maps to be imported and converted to Tuneboy. I tried it with one a while ago and the bike ran like pounded dog ****. I think there was a glitch in the conversion program. I am not sure whether or not the new version of Tunedit has this feature.

Pig9r

Pigger, Tomo or anybody. I know your sick of questions about PC111s and Tune boys but you have never heard about spikes electrons..About two weeks after bringing him home I ripped all his exhaust off except the 3-1 manifold. Stuck an old hooker megaphone on the manifold pipe and thats the way he's been ever since. On 1/22/05 I took him in for the final drive recall.At that time they put in a tune titled (aftermarket silencer with no catbox)Didn't even have a number on the repair order.I don't think the PC111 or tune boy was even out then..My question is, how come he has never popped,hickcuped,farted,backfired,or belched since I've had him.I can't beleve I'am about the only one who hasen't had these side effects, with a Triumph tune no less.There can't be any more back pressure with this meg. than the Jardens. (straight pipe no baffel,two and a half dia. open pipe)IS SPIKE BROKE? Runs great outruns all other rockets in the tri state area. Am I missing something,,do I need a PC111 or tuneboy.This is the first bike that I didn't put a PC111 on within the first week.Should I even bother. Mabey he's really weak and I can't tell.But then the ones I've raced are really weak..What should I do? I feel left out because he don't pop. Secondaries out, 3 K&Ns Plugs a nice tan.No gas smell. He does have to stop and pee alot...Help Jack

Last edited:
spike

Jack, thats funny as ****...wish my dog was that easy to walk. Anyway, just for an update on my situation, I ran the bike today and it does seem to be slightly better with the adjustments I made in the 0 column. Still a minor bit of popping on roll off from 2nd to 1st so I may need to go up just a little more in the lower RPM's. Gonna bite the bullet here shortly and get a custom map done I guess. Other than that she runs like a raped ape.
Todd

Todd, good to hear you're headed in the right direction.

Jack - Maybe you have reached rocket nirvana with your combination. Right after installing cat bypass and Maddogs on mine it popped like a mf'er on decell between 1200 and 2100 RPMs. I lived with it until Tuneboy came out.

Pigger

Do you think my altitude could have anything to do with it? I'am not complaining,I'ts great butI sure would like to run beside one of you guys with the PCs or tuneboys.The Hardly shops having a 60 dollar dyno run.Mabey I'll just get some numbers to compare with u guys,even if I don't trust the yoyos. I,ll have to figure out how to tie him down cause there all set up for hardles.These clowns really scare me. The dyno does all the sea level conversons right? They get really shook up when they run something other than there own breed. The busa started smoking the tire on the drum and they bout shet them selves.169 hp rear wheel.With the PC111, brock pipes and all the go fast crap..I sure don't want to spend 300 dollars if I only gain a couple of hp. cause nobody round here wants to race anyhow.Oh yea I'am getting 40 mpg on the interstate at 75 and kind of like that to....Jack

Jack, thats funny as ****...wish my dog was that easy to walk. Anyway, just for an update on my situation, I ran the bike today and it does seem to be slightly better with the adjustments I made in the 0 column. Still a minor bit of popping on roll off from 2nd to 1st so I may need to go up just a little more in the lower RPM's. Gonna bite the bullet here shortly and get a custom map done I guess. Other than that she runs like a raped ape.
Todd

A dyno tune probably won't do more than you can do yourself for that first column. Just keep adding gradually until it stops popping. The rest of the map - you can't really do yourself.

Back