Jardines and Stock Airfilter

Mike

I have just been through this process myself, exact same stup as your bike Jardines and Stock air filter.

To eliminate the possibility of an exhaust leak I removed the Jardines and cleaned up the headers and double gasgetted plenty of copper exhaust sealant and wait until it dries before you fire it up. I left the bike for 24 hours to make sure as I was at work anyway

The Smooth Decel tune based on the 20050 tune that Pig9 provided works great.

I have removed the O2 sensor and have ordered the bypass for it.

I found my bike was still popping on decel until with some help from forum members I unchecked the O2 sensor in Tune edit Constants and saved it. I then disconnected O2 sensor and relodaed the tune into the ecu.

Ran the 12 minute tune and the bike runs the best it ever has with only the occasional burble on decel which I can live with.

Good luck and persevere. It is definately worth the effort. You wont recognise the bike once you set it up with the Tune boy.

Cheers

Bart:):D:eek:

I have removed the O2 sensor and have ordered the bypass for it.

I found my bike was still popping on decel until with some help from forum members I unchecked the O2 sensor in Tune edit Constants and saved it. I then disconnected O2 sensor and relodaed the tune into the ecu.

Ran the 12 minute tune and the bike runs the best it ever has with only the occasional burble on decel which I can live with.

Good luck and persevere. It is definately worth the effort. You wont recognise the bike once you set it up with the Tune boy.

Cheers

Bart:):D:eek:

Thanks, Bart! I need to get smarter on the O2 sensor and the 12 minute tune. I had the stealership install the Jars before I even picked the bike up, and so far, no exhaust leaks, so I'm good there. But I don't know what they did with the O2 sensor, so I'll take a look. I take if from your post that the ticket is to remove it, install the bypass plug and zip tie the connector out of the way, then deselect the O2 sensor in Tuneboy. Sounds like $15 well spent (for the bypass). I'll definitely post how the process goes, unfortunately it will be a while. I head out of town for a couple of months next week, and my Tuneboy probably won't arrive until after I'm gone... Thanks again for the help.

Mike

Yeah

I physically removed the O2 sensor and plugged the hole in the Jardines with an M18 oil sump plug.

Use exhaust sealent and store the O2 sensor in a bag incase you want to refit it at any stage. Pig9 mentioned that the problem with leaving the O2 sensor plugged into the exhaust and just unchecking it in Tuneboy was that the O2 sensor will become fouled eventually and will need to be replaced if you ever want to reconnect it.

If you wany any more info check my previous post under rocket performance "Please help the technophobe"
Pig9 attached a couple of tunes to try.

As mentioned previously the smooth decel tune with 8 - 13% fuel added in the decel Fuel tables work well for me.

Good luck

Thanks again, Bart. I'll post progress once I start playing.
Mike

You don't have to remove the O2 sensor and you don't have to do a 12-minute tune. I heard that the O2 sensor uncheck box thing didn't work. If this is true, put in a PCIII O2 bypass. If it does, then just uncheck it. After downloading the tune, go into Tuneboy and hit "reset adapt" on the sensors screen.

Thanks, Doug. I think I'll probably pull the O2 sensor and put the plug in, just in case I ever want to use it later (another thing to put in a container in the garage - three shelves full ain't near enough!) Haven't got the Tuneboy yet (being shipped from Oz), but think I understand the whole uncheck O2, save the tune, then download it. I'm sure I'll have a million questions once I get the Tuneboy and start playing, so appreciate all the help up front.
Mike

Back