Jardines and Stock Airfilter

It is better to be rich than lean. If I were in your shoes I would run the 20050_3 tune for TOR's and foamies. If it is real jumpy at parking lot speeds or seems to bog down a bit under WOT, I would try a leaner tune like the 20050_1 or _2 tune. (You could of course do a quick intake mod and run the tune for Jardines.:D) If the 20050_3 tune works OK for you and you don't want the decel popping this is the recipe to eliminate it. Link Removed

I have been running the 20050DynoFinalMap_WithPods_And_IgnRetard tune with some extra fuel in the L maps to stop decel popping. Works good for me, I have triple K&N's, Maddog pipes, no cat. Decel popping (or after-firing I am told is the correct term) will return after some time. You can reload the tune every so often to overwrite the fuel trims made from running in closed loop or you can do the O2 eliminator, which is next on my list along with a PCIII for a dyno tune. I have recently copied the fuel and ignition maps from the 20050DynoFinalMap_WithPods_And_IgnRetard tune and pasted them in Triumph's new base tune. The new stock tunes are supposed to solve idle issues, which I don't have fortunately.

Last edited:
Thanks Dangerous,

I had some fitment problems. Didn't have the time or patience to fart around with making them fit. I will eventually, but the Jardines are retired to no-man's land in the garage. Back to stock.

Arg....so between the unifilters, the K&N 1700's and the Tuneboy pods....how much of a difference can there be? And which is the preferred 3 filter set-up?

I prefer the K&N 2780's as they seem to be not as flammable as the uni's and they fit under the bearclaw. The uni's and pods are the same thing BTW.

XhdR3rider

I'm running Jardines w/ K&N (under the seat) air filter. I modified the 20145 Tune Jardines (Rocket III with Jardines full system and TuneBoy triple pod filters) with Pig9r's decel mod to the L-Tables. Runs good for me. You can try it and tell me what you think.

View attachment 20145TuneJardines-Decel.dat

So is there agreement that this is the tune to go with if I'm running Jars with no other mod? My Tuneboy shipped from Aussieland last week, so I want to figure out which tune to start with. The dealer put the 20227 tune in when they installed the Jars, so that's what I'm running now. I'll bet it's pretty lean, but only have 150 miles on her so far. Will check the color of the plugs at 200 miles if the Tuneboy hasn't arrived yet. Anyway, looking forward to getting the right tune installed, thanks for any help!
Mike

Thanks!

Thanks, Pig9r! Does that one have adjustments to minimize the decel popping, too?

Too cool, thanks VERY much. I'll get 'er loaded up as soon as the Tuneboy arrives and let you know how it goes. I REALLY appreciate the help.
Mike

Back