Appreciate your comments:).

The wings are Jaguar's Platinium Silver, over the existing Jaguar Racing Green. I eventually went for Jaguar's silver (although it costs a fortune and although there are tons of automotive alternatives) as the little, subdued metal flakes in it are, size and light reverberation-wise, almost exactly the same as in the green background. And yeah, the two hues are separated by a tarnished (vs bright and/or yellowish) gold, hand-laid pinstripe.

I don't think I'll ever part with my green machine. Jamie:cool:

Jamie:

I had no doubt that was paint on the delineator. I do that by the way....pinstripes in paint. I like to stripe. It's an art and you need a steady hand, good striping brushes and a very clean and free from any wax surface. By the way, it Friggin hard.:D That's why most pinstripers are screaming drunks.

shame you dont live out here in the wild west flip... be way cool to hang out at your shop and watch you fabbing and stripping.

You don't want to be anywhere around when I'm pull'in a brush. I can be a little ill tempered. My savior is paint thinner and clean rags.................;) I learned the basics of the trade when I was in my very early 20's. I worked for a sign painter in Cleveland, Ohio back when signs were hand painted and vinyl was what Fingerhut sold for furniture covers. I've worked on everything from billboards to baots. Over the years, technology has changed but a couple things have remained constant and that's lettering enamel and supplies. One Shot is still the best, Penetrol is my standby and 10FEE fisheye eliminator saves the day. I store all my brushes wet in raw linseed oil in coffee cans with them vertically wrapped in newspaper......

For really long pulls like the side of a car or a double stripe it's really easier to use a Bugler Striper. With a little practice, anyone can pull a nice even width stripe that no one could ever tell the difference between a brushed stripe and a rolled stripe. If you look in my album, the pinstripes on the sidecar came from me. I had a bit of a time matching the red to the red stripe on the tank because red, white and black have so many different shades, but I fnially got it. The top side stripes are rolled and the side stripes are pulled because of the decreasing radii.

Very Nice

Jaime: You have exquisite taste for the lines and design of the paint/pinstripes. That color combo looks really good on the R3. It may not look so good on other bikes but yours has it all...looks...lines....speed...and looks....I feel somewhat aroused...lusting after someone elses...well you know...great job...;)

Back