its official Triumph releases R3 Storm

I’ll likely take a test ride on one (provided there’s a demonstrator available). The higher rev limit is appealing. I keep hitting the limiter on mine when I’m ragging it. Apart from that and the lighter wheels, there’s not a whole lot more that would convince me to trade mine in.

...if you take the UK price of these new Gt's and convert it NZ dollars then its in the NZ50k bracket...then add 'on road costs' of another grand and its getting up there!...My GT has a Penner tune in it but not sure how many ponies i have until i put it on a dyno but whatever the HP is on mine i like it. I wont be forking out more dollars just to get a different color...different rims and tyres and maybe...just maybe...a few more horses.
I think Triumph could have offered us more in this new revised model as it's an 'Anniversary' bike being 21 years since the Rocket's inception....but that's just me.
The straight conversion never works, I think we do a good deal better down here in the under-globe realms on the straight conversion. :cool:

As the Oz pricing is online, you're probably better looking at the starting price differential we get and convert that - assuming like Oz your prices online are the rideaway and not excluding onroads etc? Take the GT at AUD$37,550, Chrome GT at AUD$38,990 and Storm GT at AUD$39,890, I'd therefore guess with the Chrome GT at NZD$41,990 then the NZ Storm GT would land at ~NZD$43,000? Still defs not worth a trade in...

I do think that the increased rev limit is interesting, in that all the chat about raising the redline on the standard bike was all "oooo no, the TFC has different valves, don't do it" yet the official word on the Storm is other than lighter wheels the rest is tuning and aesthetics. I hope Penner Tune V2 raises the redline for the rest of us! :thumbsup:

While I do like the matt blue look, I am undecided on whether I prefer above (R style) or below (GT style)?
Sequence 01.00_00_09_00.Still003.jpg

Sequence 01.00_00_21_27.Still005.jpg

The straight conversion never works, I think we do a good deal better down here in the under-globe realms on the straight conversion. :cool:

As the Oz pricing is online, you're probably better looking at the starting price differential we get and convert that - assuming like Oz your prices online are the rideaway and not excluding onroads etc? Take the GT at AUD$37,550, Chrome GT at AUD$38,990 and Storm GT at AUD$39,890, I'd therefore guess with the Chrome GT at NZD$41,990 then the NZ Storm GT would land at ~NZD$43,000? Still defs not worth a trade in...

I do think that the increased rev limit is interesting, in that all the chat about raising the redline on the standard bike was all "oooo no, the TFC has different valves, don't do it" yet the official word on the Storm is other than lighter wheels the rest is tuning and aesthetics. I hope Penner Tune V2 raises the redline for the rest of us! :thumbsup:
Currently here in NZ the prices are as follows ..in NZ Dollars...GT $40,990 plus $1000 on road costs....R $39,990 plus $1000 ORC, GT Chrome edition $41,990 plus $1000 ORC....back in july '21 i paid $NZ44,500 plus $1000 ORC for my new GT Triple Black....since sold on.
I'm not sure where the price will be on these new ones but converting your dollar to ours the GT Storm should be $NZ43,380.....i'm thinking that we will be paying more than that.

As we all know people stop and look at your R3 when you leave it parked
I would say a lot of that is due to the wonderful exhaust headers in silver catching the eye
It's a shame that the new Storm has lost that attention grabbing feature
I'm quite happy with the GT 221 that I own, I wouldn't trade up to the new model

As we all know people stop and look at your R3 when you leave it parked
I would say a lot of that is due to the wonderful exhaust headers in silver catching the eye
It's a shame that the new Storm has lost that attention grabbing feature
I'm quite happy with the GT 221 that I own, I wouldn't trade up to the new model
The Triple Black GT and the Black R model both had the blacked out features...they turn alot of heads...and get alot of oooh's and aaah's too..i'm thinking these new jobbies will too!..

So it looks like the Storm models of both the GT and R will have the same horsepower as the original TFC... That makes me wonder if the Storm/TFC tunes are the same and if they both share the 'titanium' valves the TFC was advertised with?

Does anyone know if the titanium valves originally advertised in the TFC models were unique to it or available on all models????

the only real world difference is the 1kg lighter rims and the new tire manufacturer. the small improvement in performance is ecu tuned. you can get the same if not better from a penner map. upgrade … definitely not.

it would be interesting to see if the new bike's rear brake works. had the recall done on mine and its already back to useless.
he new colour layout is nice.

The price on these new 2.5 Rocket Storm's has just been revealed here in NZ...$NZ41,990 plus ORC..(on road costs) of $NZ1000.00 so $NZ42,990 ...that equates to $US25,880....GPB 20,460 .....and $AU39,288.
I'm wondering how that actually compares to your prices?

Last edited:
Back