Is this spark plug too lean or looks normal?

imcool

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3R 2022
hi,
Please tell me your opinion on this spark plug I took out from Coil wire #6 closest to rear wheel. I only took out one spark plug for some other project, I didnt take out other spark plugs. Is this too Lean?
Do I need to add fuel in the Penner map?

Running Penner Map + Werkes Exhaust for last 3800miles/ 6000km,
Added DNA Airfilter 380miles/ 600km ago.
oxygen sensor disabled / removed 200 miles ago.

vH4q58n.png

9xjUJr2.png

Thankyou!

Last edited:
Just pulling a plug and trying to read it is meaningless, unless you have done a "plug chop" run.
This is the "Old school" way of tuning.
Motor should be run at WOT for at least a few hundred metres, at operating temp and under load, then hit kill switch whilst still WOT and pull clutch at same time. Coast to a stop and read plugs.
This gives an indication of fuel/air mixture, when motor is doing max work.
The best way, nowadays, is on a dyno with a/f sensor.

It's a known fact that the bike leaves the factory running lean due to emission laws...The dyno will show you if its still lean after you have installed the 'Penner' tune via the A/F...Its very difficult to say if that plug in the photo is showing a lean mixture but i can tell you its certainly not running rich!

Get your rotten tomatoes ready to throw.

Since the advent of UNLEADED (NOT ethanol) fuel, first seen in the 70's, later mandated in the 80's, all the rules of "reading plug color" were made NULL & VOID. (Except for off road racing vehicles burning LEADED FUEL).

Snow white is just fine.

By the time an engine running unleaded fuel begins to "color the plug", the air fuel ration is WAY TO HELL AND GONE TOO RICH for optimal performance.

Flame away if you like.

Back