BillyIndiana

Road rash heals-Freckles grow back-Ride
Ride
2015 R3T
So yesterday I rode in the Memorial Day Parade. It was the first public event I have taken the Rocket to.

I parked the bike and before I could get 2 steps away a guy comes up to me and says, "Is that a Rocket?" What could I say, Yup.

Next words out of his mouth,"That bike scares me." After looking over the entire bike he then takes me over to his 2012 T-Bird. Another nice bike. So now there were2 Triumphs in the ride. LOL

I went over to meet the group of Legion Riders and find out what we were doing. I was about 30 feet away. I was amazed at the amount of attention the Rocket got. I was just close enough to hear people saying;

What is that?
Is it a 6 cylinder?
How big is it?
I had no clue Triumph made a bike that big.

And my new friend was standing there answering every question with enthusiasm. I could not help but smile.

Here I was in a sea of Harley s. Some very nicely done and the Rocket was the bell of the ball.

20170529_122927.jpg 20170529_123111.jpg 20170529_123212.jpg

I've actually had 2 Hardley riders explaining the virtues of the Triumph 6 cylinder to pedestrians that were looking my R3R over?o_O

Pretty funny. I thought all Hardley drivers had to be mechanics but that was back in the 70's. Now it's just fashion.;)

It's one thing about the big girls, everywhere you go you draw attention. Just cruising around people stare hard, like I'm riding some blonde bombshell not a motorcycle.

Can't say it bothers me at all :p

My favorite is when muscle car guys or vettes or w/e are staring. I usually pick up the pace a bit to see if they'll play and once the road opens without traffic I answer their burning question.... No it's not s Harley, Yes it moves out!!

Back