Is fork dipping when front brakes applied at very slow speed normal?

I know this sounds like a dumb question but I've been curious about this since buying my new R3T a few months ago and I thought I'd finally ask other R3T owners to see if this is normal.

My R3T front forks will dive (compress) sharply even when applying the front brake even while pushing it very slowly. I'm just getting back into riding after a very long time but I never remember this being and issue with my Triumphs and Harleys in the past. In fact, this caused me to tip the bike over a few times after I got it. That experience spooked me and I'm still having a hard time making smooth stops. Very frustrating!

I just wanted to see if the forks on other R3T owner's bikes dive when applying the front brake at a very slow speed (I'm talking just pushing the bike with my feet while sitting on it) or if there is a possibility that the forks weren't filled with fluid properly when setup. (After picking up the bike I found the dealer had the front tire at 18 pounds - half of what it should be! - and the rear tire at 28 pounds. That didn't fill me with confidence about my dealer but I suppose the forks were filled at the factory.) I'm wondering if there's a possibility that the forks weren't set up right. I'm guessing that this is normal but I just wanted to check with other R3T owners before I head out on a 6,500 mile trip next month.

I know this sounds like a dumb question but I've been curious about this since buying my new R3T a few months ago and I thought I'd finally ask other R3T owners to see if this is normal.

My R3T front forks will dive (compress) sharply even when applying the front brake even while pushing it very slowly. I'm just getting back into riding after a very long time but I never remember this being and issue with my Triumphs and Harleys in the past. In fact, this caused me to tip the bike over a few times after I got it. That experience spooked me and I'm still having a hard time making smooth stops. Very frustrating!

I just wanted to see if the forks on other R3T owner's bikes dive when applying the front brake at a very slow speed (I'm talking just pushing the bike with my feet while sitting on it) or if there is a possibility that the forks weren't filled with fluid properly when setup. (After picking up the bike I found the dealer had the front tire at 18 pounds - half of what it should be! - and the rear tire at 28 pounds. That didn't fill me with confidence about my dealer but I suppose the forks were filled at the factory.) I'm wondering if there's a possibility that the forks weren't set up right. I'm guessing that this is normal but I just wanted to check with other R3T owners before I head out on a 6,500 mile trip next month.
Sounds very similar to what I’m experiencing!
When coming to a slow stop my forks dip and return to a normal position rapidly with very little movement in the break lever, on a downgrade it intensifies. Had my wife watch as I applied the front break and the dip happens at the same location on the rotor using the valve stem as a marker, “ it’s easier to do this on a downgrade as no throttle is required and at a walking phase.” Once past the rotor the forks rise to a normal position. So to me it appears to be a warped rotor,
Did a lot of searching and to my surprise no one mentions the rotor as being the culprit.
The bike is new to me with 18000 kilometers,
I’m getting the rotor tested for runout in a few days and I’m betting it’s the rotor. Also no rotor is available in town and will have to be ordered, I’ll post the results of test and fix when available.

Back