Info for US riders planning on going to RDU

Well that certainly changes things!!! Happen to have a shop/shed, material and a welder. That puts my budget more in the $3k - $5k range...more better than the $8k - $10k range. Just to be clear the freight number your guy gave would get the bikes from LA (or some other west coast port) into Oz, imported, exported, and back to the states right?

That's the deal as I read it mate .. you can trust that Les (Ozrider) has checked the details before posting. He's one of those efficient sort of buggers that crosses his t's and dot's his i's :thumbsup:

Intrepid souls ... where are you. Don't let these opportunities that life puts in front of you pass by. They may never present themselves again ... as we all know.

IMG_0959.JPG
OK...now all we need are a few more intrepid souls...

as I wrote before I am in if we can do 6, we only need 4 more to make it we also have to secure insurance while in OZ . I contacted some insurance co there but so far no reply

BTW here my ride nearly finished the flash does not show the true color . I call it BRG some other call it john deere green so I glued a john deere logo on the side covers to make those folks happy!! I also filled in the bottom right side and front of the gas tank to hide the pressed in recess

now to finish it i am just waiting for the QR brackets you are going to send me
they will have to be modded a bit to fit the Kentucky drive brackets and then, ready for summer and hopefully australia!!

Last edited:
Sent an e-mail to Insure My Ride regarding insurance, reply below.
basically the link is to a bunch of insurance company's that insure bikes, looks like abit of mucking around but you need to pick some and contact then and see what they can or cannot do.

Hi Les,
Thank you for your email.

At InsureMyRide we do not currently provide coverage for overseas riders, we also require our policy holders to have a permanent Australian resident.
To find an insurer who may offer cover for them, please click on the link below:

http://www.findaninsurer.com.au

IMG_0959.JPG

as I wrote before I am in if we can do 6, we only need 4 more to make it we also have to secure insurance while in OZ . I contacted some insurance co there but so far no reply

BTW here my ride nearly finished the flash does not show the true color . I call it BRG some other call it john deere green so I glued a john deere logo on the side covers to make those folks happy!! I also filled in the bottom right side and front of the gas tank to hide the pressed in recess

now to finish it i am just waiting for the QR brackets you are going to send me
they will have to be modded a bit to fit the Kentucky drive brackets and then, ready for summer and hopefully australia!!

It's green alright ... sure it'll look a lot better out in daylight (you have daylight hours up in the tundras don't you) ... neat green I like it.

Not quite dark enough for BRG but it sure is different and looks great. Congratulations!
I like the John Deer touch. Couple of the guys at work call my bike John and ask if I take it to tractor days (as opposed to track days). Funny ***s.

Back