Info for US riders planning on going to RDU

R3Tex

Living Legend
Ride
'13 Rocket III Roadster
This has been kicked around a few times in different places so I thought I would start a thread to see if we can capture the information in one spot.

A motorcycle, or any passenger vehicle, can be temporarily imported into Oz using a "Carnet de Passages en Douane" Carnet de Passages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Information on how to acquire one is here Carnet to Clear Customs | ATA Carnet There are no customs or duties payable upon entering the country since it is a temporary import.

As I understand it, assuming a used Rocket with a US value of $10k or so the Carnet and Surety Bond would cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $250. The vehicle must be exported form Oz within one year. Failure to do so will cause the loss of any bonds in your home country and make you liable for all duties and customs fees which could be 40% of the values of the bike.

I am checking into a Customs Broker in Melbourne to clear the bike so that when I get there I don't have to *****around with Govt crap. I plan to get off the plane, pick up the bike and hit the road. I just started checking into this so if anyone has additional of conflicting information please don't hesitate to jump in.

More to come...

Getting the fuel tank into the condom is going to be the 'big issue' I reckon :mad:.. the rest is easy-peasy. Hope some of you blokes can come see our beautiful country and spend some time with some really good blokes ( I am not one of them good blokes ) .. hahaha.

I know an Old Bull that has expressed an interest and one VERY large mexican any others that might be interested? I also have a travel industry friend that is looking into fares, etc. Group rate maybe?

Hope some of you blokes can come see our beautiful country and spend some time with some really good blokes ( I am not one of them good blokes ) .. hahaha.

If you pay my way I will wear a wig and ride with you as your ***** !! You chose the color of wig mate !!!;)

Holy Fruk, too much male bonding going on, you guys are starting to remind me of some of my old Firefighter mates!:roll:

Back