Inexpensive replacement batteries?

Not so - the issue is expecting their chemistry to be the same as Lead/Acid.
I believe it is so, if you have to draw power to warm the battery first in cold weather, you could be in trouble if you only have a partial charge. 😛

I believe it is so, if you have to draw power to warm the battery first in cold weather, you could be in trouble if you only have a partial charge. 😛
But how they charge and discharge is different. Especially the charge/discharge cycle rate. It's actually easier to overcharge an unprotected Lithium than undercharge it.
The trick is knowing when to expect the warming being required. And not hit the starter before it's had a change to expect the demand.

For example if you should happen to visit my mum, and park overnight in her cold damp UK garage - it WILL have to be warmed up, even if the ride there day before was a 300mile run - and in summer. The real bugger, then, is when you converted all the lights to LED so they don't draw enough to warm it. I just wheel the brute out into the feeble sun for 10mins or so.

I know - real men kick start bikes. Don't think I have done that since 1981. And that was a 250 Honda twin.

But how they charge and discharge is different. Especially the charge/discharge cycle rate. It's actually easier to overcharge an unprotected Lithium than undercharge it.
The trick is knowing when to expect the warming being required. And not hit the starter before it's had a change to expect the demand.

For example if you should happen to visit my mum, and park overnight in her cold damp UK garage - it WILL have to be warmed up, even if the ride there day before was a 300mile run - and in summer. The real bugger, then, is when you converted all the lights to LED so they don't draw enough to warm it. I just wheel the brute out into the feeble sun for 10mins or so.

I know - real men kick start bikes. Don't think I have done that since 1981. And that was a 250 Honda twin.
The you need to get a Royal Enfield! Keep Calm and Carry on Kicking.

Unless youre packing 900 cca, get you some :p

Attachments

• A8B5FD1C-A1E0-482C-B760-9345B2537675.png
    A8B5FD1C-A1E0-482C-B760-9345B2537675.png
    219.6 KB · Views: 28

I would love to see someone kick start a rocket, that would be a real hoot :roll::roll::roll::roll:

They're crap. I bought a $50 chinese battery off ebay (for a different bike) it arrived DOA. I had to pay the postage to return it - ~ $15. Now, I'm at $65. Got the replacement.... also DOA. I realized that was the point to cut my losses. One more "warranty" return and I'd be at what I'd've paid for a Yuasa. Only reputable batteries from now on. Currently running a Duracell as that's what the local store had in stock for $95. I was willing to take the gamble since: a: I could get it same day, and 2: if it were a problem, it was just a matter of dealing with a local shop - no expensive return postage. It's been 18 months with no issues, including a winter, so I'm including Duracell in my list of reputable batteries now.

Back