Inexpensive replacement batteries?

Unless youre packing 900 cca, get you some :p
I built my own 1150 CCA years ago. A123 cells - 16aH
The starter motor was old and not in good condition. Flames ensued.
LIFEPO4FINAL.JPG

But how they charge and discharge is different. Especially the charge/discharge cycle rate. It's actually easier to overcharge an unprotected Lithium than undercharge it.
The trick is knowing when to expect the warming being required. And not hit the starter before it's had a change to expect the demand.

For example if you should happen to visit my mum, and park overnight in her cold damp UK garage - it WILL have to be warmed up, even if the ride there day before was a 300mile run - and in summer. The real bugger, then, is when you converted all the lights to LED so they don't draw enough to warm it. I just wheel the brute out into the feeble sun for 10mins or so.

I know - real men kick start bikes. Don't think I have done that since 1981. And that was a 250 Honda twin.

Thank you for making my point.
Ever kick started an air cooled Honda CR500?

My cb750, easy peasy, at least it was 10 years ago. ;)

I use odyssey pc 625 only rated at 220 but 540 cranking for 5 sec but will crank a lot longer.Had trouble with my 2013 touring.did the toyota replacement,still had problems with yuasa which tested fine. I had a pc 625 in my hot rodded Fj 1100 now 1314cc that had starting problems before 10.25 compression. My theory is the battery was drawing too much and taking away from coils, no starting trouble after installing odyssey. So i thought i would try it in the rocket if it would fit, it does,a little tall,can't use the strap over the top,but it can't move. No more starting trouble

I use a cheap landport gel battery for 3 years now. Very happy with this solution....costs.. about 85 euro's ( 95 dollars?)

I just replaced mine with one from Advance Auto. The previous one from there lasted 5 years and is still holding @12.9v. It's rated at 310ca and on the site lists for $110, but with online ordering you'll get 15% off. I had another rewards offer from them and got it for around $85 including tax. I see that they've since acquired the Die Hard brand and are only offering that brand now.

Back