I have never had a issue with the bike starting under any conditions. Bike has started even in 5 degree weather with a wind chill of well below zero. No fancy battery either just a Duracell bought at battery plus. Have no clue what youre all referring to as a hard start? My bust wife explained it to me.

I have never had a issue with the bike starting under any conditions. Bike has started even in 5 degree weather with a wind chill of well below zero. No fancy battery either just a Duracell bought at battery plus. Have no clue what youre all referring to as a hard start? My bust wife explained it to me.
My 2013 R3T was notoriously hard to get the engine cranking. Even with a fresh, fully charged high capacity yuasa, it would feel like the battery barely got it to start turning and sound like that cold morning where the headlights dimmed out and it almost didn't turn. Needed to boost it numerous times and change out the battery twice.

I had serious issues starting my 2008 when I got it in October. After upgrading the starter motor and battery ground cable, and doing a valve clearance adjustment, no issues at all any more even when it is nearly freezing.

I would never run a 2nd battery. If you're having trouble starting, there is probably something else going on, and I would want to resolve the root cause of the issue.

Back