Nothing like a new battery

Tripps

Retired superhero
Ride
R3T,Sprintona,K1200GT, Blackbird,r/65 hack
So God bless Motobatt, DeCosse, and Power Commander. I left the Rocket outside the other night, it wasn't supposed to rain until real late morning. My wife came in and woke me up, your headlights are on. I got dressed, went out, I'm standing in the garage, it's pouring like it only can in Florida, one of those 2" in 20 minutes downpours. Every light on the bike is on, including the instruments. I didn't even have the fob out there, it finally let up to a normal downpour, I ran out and tried it, it just barely caught, but stalled. I thought no way will I get a second try, lights been on a minimum of 20 minutes, plus who knows how long before wife went out and saw them.
It started and ran. I pulled it in, I had just read a post the day before where Hanso said he was in a rain so hard it got into headlight switch and high beams were going on and off, so I figured that was it
Except it started without the fob. I pulled the seat to put charger on, the air box was full of water, right to the top, my keyless ignition module and power Commander were underwater, I mean completely. I pumped the water out power Commander looked to be sealed, opened the ignition module, dumped the water out, blew it out with air, the lights started going out, got the wife's hair dryer and dried it out, the last of the lights went out, everything works good as new, surprisingly

You got real lucky. The obvious thing now is to ensure there is a drain hole in the corner of your air box. Hope the water in the electronics doesn't cause any corrosion problems down the road. Glad things worked out.

Put the electronics in a rubbermaid sandwich container, wires through a hole in the side that is plugged either with a grommet/bung or silicone rtv. Cheap and effective.

Back