Individuel Ramair question

RocketmanBristol

Supercharged
Ride
2004 Rocket 3
Hi Guys

Another quick question, I have what must be an older Ramair filter setup on my 04 which comprises of three individual filters.
The air temperature sensor just seems to be hanging between throttle bodies 1 and 2 under the left side of the fuel tank, is this correct or should it be fixed/secured in a better position as it must get pretty warm under there !

RamAir do indeed sell individual pod filters - BUT they were never sold as R3 specific.
https://www.ramair-filters.co.uk/products/motorcycle/

If the AIT is just hanging there (and it should not be) - make sure the little bulb sensor is OK.

They are indeed Ramair filters or someone took the trouble to mark each one! Barbagris , where should it be located and what is the bulb sensor/ how do I check it, what am Checking for? Cheers Pete

do they look like theses
MR-007-WEB.jpg

The very same Warp 9.9
OK then the answer to your original question is usually with triple filters
The very same Warp 9.9
Ok then back to your original question the AIT sensor should have a small filter over it. I hung mine in front of number 1 throttle body where the overflow bottle was. Inbetween number one and two will be alright. The idea is so it protects the sensor bulb which is fragile. Mine is pictured below to give you a idea

20170807_160121.jpg

Barbagris , where should it be located and what is the bulb sensor/ how do I check it, what am Checking for? Cheers Pete
The sensor should have a white square plastic thingie on the end with a little bulb shaped thingie in the middle. If it looks OK - probably is. If it's missing or looks damaged - replace it. Protect as Scott says with a small filter and cable tie.

Or get the RAMAIR 1-pce which comes with a wiring extension so the sensor can be plugged into the filter base. This puts the sensor in the true intake air stream as well as protect it.

Back