Increasing power and newbie questions

Decent exhaust (CES, Viking, Carpenter, Reband, etc), rip out the stock intake system and put filters directly on tue throttle bodies (K&N, Ram Air, etc) and get a good dyno tune and you are in the 170 RWHP range with absolutely zero loss of streetability. If you still want more then skin out somewhere between $6k and $10k and either send your bike to carpenter or call TTS. Both options have been discussed at length on this site. All depends on the strength of your pocket book and what your want to do with the bike

What year is your bike ? You might add it to your profile - look in the forum "Introduce Yourself !!" and see the sticky there.

And not to be snippy -- if someone writes "If you crack two eggs and scramble, then add 1 cup of flour, and cut with a teaspoon of baking powder . . ." -- I would be taken aback by the person who says "Wow, great biscuits from one cup of flour -- is that accurate ?" Just sayin . . .
Yes, thanks. Could be taken as a smart azz remark. Which was not my intention.

That just about sums it up -- but boy, it's SO much fun dreaming ! This bike is one of the easiest to mod, between the ingenuity of the captains here, their helpfulness . . . I used to have a list of my mods, and folks who view this site on their smart phones were complaining I was using up too much data.

Have fun, and when you get your bike, take it slow for a while.

In any case, I have a special place in my heart for Savannah, having the charm of the Southern Belles who convinced Gen Sherman to spare the city on his march to the sea.

If you are of a mind, we might meet up some time.

Welcome from Northern Virginia (I use capital case because it votes as a bloc democratic).

Cool! Thanks for the info! I dont think I would put a sc on this system but I'm always curious. Also another question I have is if I were to get a carpenter kit installed lets say the 240 hp package for example, could i still use this bike as a cruiser and take trips, ride around town etc? Or is this going to cause problems, are there problems/downside to know about with upgrading to carpenter? Thanks again

Supercharging and turbcharging can cost just as much, if not more than any number of the naturally aspirated engine upgrade kits from Carpenter Racing and if they are not fitted with proper and supporting internals, they can very easily wreak havoc with your engine. If you don't allow others to fiddle about with Carpenter's magic, you will own a bike with a virtually bulletproof motor that is eminently streetable and has usable power throughout the powerband. Their exhaust is the most effeicient available and makes the most demonstarble power, though some of the others come pretty close. if you go Carpenter, I'd recommend going all in with a motor producing 200-270 rwhp combined with their exhaust and tune. Others that go that route piecemeal or who have had third party mexchanics install the engine kits, rarely get it right and often invite unnecessary pain and suffering.

The only known problems with Carpenter bikes is alternatively learning proper throttle control and/or holding on tight enough when you give it the go juice. Your R3 will be converted into a completely different machine that will only be as well behaved as you want it to be.

R3 Silverbacks rule the R3 world! Carpenter Racing

If I could increase the pep in my bike by losing some weight, that would be grand.The weight on the stock exhaust compared to the others would seem to have a significant impact. Wonder which would be the lightest in weight.

If I could increase the pep in my bike by losing some weight, that would be grand.The weight on the stock exhaust compared to the others would seem to have a significant impact. Wonder which would be the lightest in weight.
there is also an intermediate way from stock to carpenter R3 that is the neville lush 200 kit after you get the three basic updates ( intake exhaust tune ) for 2k you can get from neville lush three pistons, and camshafts and bump power to 200 hp , NL calls it the 200 kit the man knows its stuff he reside in australia and is well known

Back