Ignition key relocation

20140422_152853.jpg
Crude drawing of the bracket I made.

I have enough plugs and cable to make 7 more.
If you want one let me know. Prob about $40 AUD each for the extension plug only.
Takes me about half an hour to make each one.

Oh - Of course these leads will only work on the later model plugs.

And I must thank Les (Ozrider) for helping source the plugs :thumbsup:

Last edited:
What is the advantage of having your key down there Mittzy ? ... you'd have to turn/twist and look down to put key into the ignition .. you do if you're like me and often forget to unclip your key off your belt loop before climbing onto the bike.

Down there is better for me cause i put my gps behind my screen and found it was a pain to get my hands to the key with gloves on , also my garage remote control would get jammed between the top of the triple and the handle bars and I could not turn the bike off. I will see how this goes as I can always return it to how it was.

Down there is better for me cause i put my gps behind my screen and found it was a pain to get my hands to the key with gloves on , also my garage remote control would get jammed between the top of the triple and the handle bars and I could not turn the bike off. I will see how this goes as I can always return it to how it was.

Fair enough , makes sense if you have trouble getting at the key because of gizmos.

I have enough plugs and cable to make 7 more.
If you want one let me know. Prob about $40 AUD each for the extension plug only.
Takes me about half an hour to make each one.

Oh - Of course these leads will only work on the later model plugs.

And I must thank Les (Ozrider) for helping source the plugs :thumbsup:

Good thinking and well sorted. I too want to relocate mine, unfortunately I'm running the 04 R3 .The plugs are different is that right. ? do you know where to find the 04 style plugs?

Back