I thought I had a Classic but turns out to be A Special!

Strange have been told mine is a Standard...... got this from my vin decoder at Universal VIN Decoder

Model
Triumph Rocket III roadster
Model Year 2008
Type car Motorcycle
State Europe - United Kingdom
uk.png

Serial number 28572

Triumph does some really odd stuff now and then.
They are not alone - Land Rover - Moto Guzzi ime. Also A couple of Ducati and Laverda back when men were real men and used Carburettors. With the onset of TYPE APPROVAL aka Euro4 - this will cease or they'll be in deep shyte.

So can anyone clarify - is 2006/07 with heated grips, floorboards and tribal artwork classed as Special?
Heated grips have nothing to do with the specials. Which came out with the flames or tribal schemes. All Classics had two tone paint jobs. All standards were solid color. And well roadsters their just black and well black. Then the real change came and triumph went all out to add two stripes to the black :D

Heated grips have nothing to do with the specials. Which came out with the flames or tribal schemes. All Classics had two tone paint jobs. All standards were solid color. And well roadsters their just black and well black. Then the real change came and triumph went all out to add two stripes to the black :D

The heated grips as standard on Specials might have been an Australian thing.

Only Classics had two-tone paint. Standards were single color and Specials added the tribal graphics. I believe the Standard colors in 2006 were black, red or yelllow and maybe blue.

Only Classics had two-tone paint. Standards were single color and Specials added the tribal graphics. I believe the Standard colors in 2006 were black, red or yelllow and maybe blue.

Cool sort of noticed that when ya google each model and it seems the Roadster has rearset pegs whereas mine are up front between the 1st and 2nd cylinder headers..... Thanks

Back