I think I am going to do it, reluctantly....

1BigDog,
Good luck with sale, if I were in the market for a 2nd Rocket, I'd gladly scoop it up, beautiful bike (my favorite Touring colors). Maybe you can manage a lighter bike that you can consistently land on your good leg when coming to a stop? Hopefully you can find a ride that suites your current limitations!

I think @1BigDog is making a difficult and wise decision.
One he has pondered for as long time and I respect his courage doing so!
I only hope that when the time comes for me, I can summon up the same courage as he.
Please hang around, you old dog lover! :thumbsup: :inlove

Thanks for the words of support. I rolled the bike out today, pulled the bags, shield and luggage rack and sat down in earnest to give her a good wash and wax. She was sitting for months and built up a nice coat of crap on her. A good washing, some clay bar action and shes as good as new. No corrosion on the wheels either. A good blow dry and wipe and I was ready to wax. Too bad the old body balked so I will save the waxing for the end of this week. She looked pretty good without the windshield, kinda like the plain Jane with the black rimmed glasses. Once she took them off and brushed out her hair she looked stunning. She was cooing, hey big boy, lets ride. Turned the key, hit the starter and she roared to life. Too bad I could not get my leg up over her. It is what it is. Reality set back in. Dam good looking bike too! Looks like my mind is being made up for me, whether I like it or not.

I did look at the LegUp site. Quite pricey at 3500.00. Not for me.

I guess I was feeling pretty down when I posted this. Hope I didnt sound like a whiney brat. Since We are not in the "Final Drive" I used a more family oriented reference. Just very conflicted here is all. I took a call today from a possible interested person. The call came as I was polishing the rear wheel with all of its nooks and crannies. I could not pull the trigger. The bike looks so good and the wife said give it a few more months. I'll give it another try. o_O

I spent a couple of years in the same place you seem to be right now, couldn't get a leg over any bike without pain, stopped working around the house because it just hurt to walk. Bloody depressing stuff ......had both knees replaced in December 2012 .... since then have ridden across Australia three times, back to the centre of Aus 4 times .... can't be stopped. It gets so much better and the pain is gone the minute you wake up from the anaesthetic. The relief and renewal of life will be great ..... just hold on .... the sun does come up tomorrow mate. In Australia today is "RUOK" Day .... I sure hope you are!

I have a few friends that have had knee replacement & 1 With hip replacement, within a few months were back riding the sh!t outta their mountain bikes (no young bucks either) Hang in there like a pair of b@lls!!!!!

Here she is in all her glory.

IMG_1121.JPG
IMG_1125.JPG
IMG_1131.JPG
IMG_1133.JPG
IMG_1140.JPG
IMG_1137.JPG
IMG_1142.JPG
IMG_1139.JPG

Back