I think I am going to do it, reluctantly....

1BigDog

Gone to the Dogs!
Ride
Size 12 Bates, extra wide
I bought my 2008 R3T over two years ago to replace a Yamaha Venture that just got too heavy for me. What a great bike the Rocket is. Too bad I have not been able to ride it without some type of pain. I kept it in the hopes that one day I will be able to enjoy the bike like it should be enjoyed but doing the math it would be at least another year before I can even think about riding her. And that is only if the knee replacement surgery, set for next Feb is successful. Right now my balance is so off that I tend to stumble when I walk. Not a good or safe trait on a bike. I dont have the 14k needed to trike the bike either since I am trying to set myself up for retirement in 2 years. Right now I am not actively pushing the selling of the bike but if any member here has an interest I may consider it. I waver between keeping it and selling it and timing would be everything I guess. I'll take some pics soon and post.

Basically its a black and white 2008 Tourer with Tors, an upgraded tune, stock seat with a Utopia backrest and a Triumph road seat and backrest as well. I also have another separate windshield assembly that would go with the bike. Rivco risers, K&N filter and a tank bib round it out. Bike has 15k on it and is in almost mint condition. Like I said I am not really pushing it but if the right person comes along who will take care of her I may just let her go. I originally bought her from a member here. It would be nice to keep her in the family.

One old shot. Ill post some better pics this week.
IMG_0716.JPG

You're killin' me Smalls! Don't give in! This getting older shyt sucks but we will get through it. Save up for that trike kit if that's what you want to go with but don't sell the baby!

That's my .02. If selling it is what you really want to do then I respect that but it sounds like you are undecided. Money comes and goes. We only get to live this life once. :)

Its not like I havent ridden before. I have 30 years under my belt, if you can find it under my belly. Not a money thing either but if I dont feel safe and stable walking I can just imagine myself riding and not being able to support the bike when I stop. My reaction times are not what they were too. More reluctant than undecided at this point.

That sucks brother I'm really sorry to hear that!

Are you going to try to find another bike this a bit more manageable for you?

Its not like I havent ridden before. I have 30 years under my belt, if you can find it under my belly. Not a money thing either but if I dont feel safe and stable walking I can just imagine myself riding and not being able to support the bike when I stop. My reaction times are not what they were too. More reluctant than undecided at this point.

I hate that you have had to make that decision and respect the hell out of you for making it. I hope you continue to hang out. :thumbsup:

Another option I saw somewhere is a kit that actually kicks diwn some wheels at slow speed to keep the bike from going over. I will search my history if that sounds like something that would interest you. That way you can stay on 2 wheels, and keep the bike wheels down.

It's called landing gear. I think the website is landinggear.com looks like a great set up

Another option I saw somewhere is a kit that actually kicks diwn some wheels at slow speed to keep the bike from going over. I will search my history if that sounds like something that would interest you. That way you can stay on 2 wheels, and keep the bike wheels down.

A local Goldwing rider has that set up I think at around 5mph the wheels that look like training wheels come down.

Back