I have an opportunity - could buy 1971 Triumph Bonneville T120

WE have a motorcycle museum here ...its down south in Invercargill nowadays and it has numerous Triumphs along with heaps of other makes and models. Yes...Investments....Some of those bikes are worth alot of coin...
But you can ride the crap out of it and still get the enjoyment factor...thats what they're for aint it?

I totally understand what you are saying. I just don't want to fix it up to a point that I am afraid to ride it.

Unfortunately if I get it I am sure my OCD will kick in.:D

I have a friend that has a 1971 Triumph Bonneville T120. The bike is pretty much stock. The paint is the wrong color and it has after market pipes, but other than that it is all there.

He assured me the bike runs and offered to have it running if I want to come look at it.

I spent last night reading up on the 1971 model. First year oil in frame and all.

$3,500.00 is what he is asking. Do I buy it?

It is the red one in the center
71Bonnie.jpg
YEEEEEEEEES :inlove

Screenshot_20180206_152930.png
Screenshot_20180206_152920.png
WE have a motorcycle museum here ...its down south in Invercargill nowadays and it has numerous Triumphs along with heaps of other makes and models. Yes...Investments....Some of those bikes are worth alot of coin...
But you can ride the crap out of it and still get the enjoyment factor...thats what they're for aint it?

Was at that museum yesterday while it was bucketing down.

I think the price is a bit high. But I'm remembering the 650 I had in the 80's that I paid and sold for $650.00

I agree, but have been looking for a couple of years and a basket case is going for up to $2000.00. The fact that none of the critical pieces are missing and it runs is a big bonus. Plus she is only 2 hours from me.

IMG_8272.JPG
IMG_9182.JPG
IMG_8654.JPG
IMG_8472.JPG
IMG_8626.JPG
IMG_8194.JPG
Last September I bought a 1970 T120R as a "project" but upon months of spare time tinkering I've found it's virtually all original and I'm going to keep her that way. It's such a lovely companion to the Rocket. No slouch, pretty nippy and handles well. The sound is awesome too.
IMG_8609.JPG

In the UK OIF models don't have the same following. Their prices are pretty static whereas pre 1971 appreciate almost daily.

If you have the lose cash, do it. Even if you ride it a while and decide to sell it, you won't lose a dime at that price. Old Bonnies are selling for quite the coin these days. I was thinking of getting one myself, but the prices are crazy!

Back