How to make a '20+ Rocket 3 fit a 6'5" (1.95m) tall rider

I had a severe accident in 2017 with an 18 wheeler that suddenly left a parking spot and one of the injuries was that I ripped off the wings of L3,4 & 5 on the right side so my lower back on the right is no longer attached to my spine and I have no problems with my back, I’m more in an upright position not leaning on my arms.
For your knees to be that high you must have the R foot pegs? On the GT’s you have 3 positions that you can install the pegs and mine are in the most forward, my knees sit in the indentations of the tank
Sorry to hear about your accident, that sucks. 😞
I test rode a GT with the forward controls moved all the way forward, I guess being 6’+ is not all the same. 😆

Instead of moving foot position I’d try getting a seat rework to set you up higher and put some risers on the bars. In truth the new Rockets are big motor bikes that feel and ride like a much smaller machine. My bike is nick named “ Da Big Little”.

While I think a larger bike like a Multistrada V4 would be better for your height (test ride it, its fun!), if I were you size (only 6'1" here), I would get the rocket and pay the money needed to a custom builder to fabricate the aluminum extensions needed to extend maybe a couple inches forward/outward the the forward controls, and to modify the seat area a bit to get another inch or two there... before deciding for the rocket, I was thinking to just get myself a zx14 and modify it for a more comfortable position.
The Multistrada V4 is a nice looking bike but not my ‘style’

Instead of moving foot position I’d try getting a seat rework to set you up higher and put some risers on the bars. In truth the new Rockets are big motor bikes that feel and ride like a much smaller machine. My bike is nick named “ Da Big Little”.
Any suggestions on what company might do this kind of work?

Here is a pic of me on the bike

Attachments

• F97F7EAD-C7FE-4FC0-B300-A375F47C052C.jpeg
    F97F7EAD-C7FE-4FC0-B300-A375F47C052C.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 221
Back