How to get tuneecu?

OK.
Go to TuneECU.net and download the program. The Windows version is FREE but has NO SUPPORT.
The ANDROID VERSION costs money, but you have help from the developer.

I would personally see what happens with your "DealerTool" cable. READ ALL THE DOCUMENTATION GUIDES ON TuneECU.net. But be prepared for the fact that you may need to buy the acknowleded "always works" cable from LoneElec in the UK.

If you have an 08 Touring (single headlight) what looks like OBD2 connector - is NOT OBD2. It's a bit more like OBD"one and a little bit". But that's where you plug into.

Start by reading what's in the ECU. Compare what is in there with what SHOULD be in there. Don't panic we can help.

The message TFC - bluetooth no read/write etc. Does not apply to you. Ignore it.

But - and I cannot stress this too highly - RTFM at least 5 times a day for a week before starting.
If you don't understand the terminology and cannot get your head around it. I would shriek for help from one of the guys closer to you. Better that than F.U.K.I.T.U.P.
Most will work for Beer and Bar-B-Q. I certainly would - but I am a wee bit far away.

OK.
Go to TuneECU.net and download the program. The Windows version is FREE but has NO SUPPORT.

I would personally see what happens with your "DealerTool" cable. READ ALL THE DOCUMENTATION GUIDES ON TuneECU.net. But be prepared for the fact that you may need to buy the acknowleded "always works" cable from LoneElec in the UK.

If you have an 08 Touring (single headlight) what looks like OBD2 connector - is NOT OBD2. It's a bit more like OBD"one and a little bit". But that's where you plug into.

Start by reading what's in the ECU. Compare what is in there with what SHOULD be in there. Don't panic we can help.

The message TFC - bluetooth no read/write etc. Does not apply to you. Ignore it.

But - and I cannot stress this too highly - RTFM at least 5 times a day for a week before starting.
If you don't understand the terminology and cannot get your head around it. I would shriek for help from one of the guys closer to you. Better that than F.U.K.I.T.U.P.
Most will work for Beer and Bar-B-Q. I certainly would - but I am a wee bit far away.
I pd for the app and ordered the lonetec cable. I would prefer using a laptop.

The map for touring on tuneecu, dont elaborate. Does anyone know which 5 digit number corresponds with the tune i need to change from a stock tour setting. No mods on the bike.

20367 I believe, let someone verify, be sure to read and save your current map just in case the tune you load doesnt run well, read, save then download read save run and reset adaptations, sometimes people have to do these things twice for whatever reason, @barbagris and others know exactly what theyre talking about im trying to help because i know you want to unleash the beast. are you strait on tune ecu. net and the appropriate cable. are you using android or windows? Hope you get it, dont get frustrated the forum has new layout and some dont see certain post for a while but people will see and chime in to help you, it is not exactly easy when youre first starting to use the tuneecu but you will get it.

Attachments

• 52B2C35C-1EC1-472B-910E-6916DE418E9C.png
    52B2C35C-1EC1-472B-910E-6916DE418E9C.png
    152.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
20367 I believe, let someone verify, be sure to read and save your current map just in case the tune you load doesnt run well, read, save then download read save run and reset adaptations, sometimes people have to do these things twice for whatever reason, @barbagris and others know exactly what theyre talking about im trying to help because i know you want to unleash the beast. are you strait on tune ecu. net and the appropriate cable. are you using android or windows? Hope you get it, dont get frustrated the forum has new layout and some dont see certain post for a while but people will see and chime in to help you, it is not exactly easy when youre first starting to use the tuneecu but you will get it.
Thanks. I have the app on my phone. I assume i can use that with the lonetec cable. The tuneecu instructions are very confusing to me. I cant seem to open the files on my phone.

Thanks. I have the app on my phone. I assume i can use that with the lonetec cable. The tuneecu instructions are very confusing to me. I cant seem to open the files on my phone.
An android lap top book would make that easier, but youre getting it, i dont do it on the phone but someone will help ya

OK.

Most will work for Beer and Bar-B-Q. I certainly would - but I am a wee bit far
i finally hooked up the dealertool. its a program that lets you bleed the abs, clear and read faults, balance the thrott;es, just about everything except you cant alter he maps. it did give me the tune # which is 020366. it should be a stock setup. im having some running issues which ive posted in another section. anyone know if thats a stock tune? my lonetec cable came in and im hoping loading a "better" tune will maybe fix my problem because ive checked alot of things and can find nothing obviously wrong.

Back